Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Motorcycles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the photo was done with a green screen!!

Still think green screen? :
zm1.jpg

OK. Real plus fake. Based on the video and other shot it looks like they are there on the beach hill (shot with flash) but the sky has been reworked significantly.

Yeah, that would be my take too. Still call it a great photo even if they had to rework it.
I gather they did a photo event with multiple video and still cameras and made multiple productions out of all the material they collected.

By the way, Zero HQ is in the Santa Cruz mountains in a really beautiful area not very far from the beach. That photo shoot could just be a ride down the hill from their office.

Last edited:
Yeah, that would be my take too. Still call it a great photo even if they had to rework it.
I gather they did a photo event with multiple video and still cameras and made multiple productions out of all the material they collected.
Isn't that what they do for HDR photos (combine multiple photos at different exposures)? Some consumer cameras do this in-camera. I wouldn't consider that fake though, maybe something in between.

Isn't that what they do for HDR photos (combine multiple photos at different exposures)?

Yes, but then you have to take the image out of the very wide floating point space back into a displayable/printable space, so there are compromises and curves involved, and a lot of HDR out there pushes those parameters more than a little bit too far, partly because that's just trendy.

If it is just a straight HDR made from stacking photos (which I think it could be), it doesn't qualify as fake in my book. But that line between 'real' and 'fake' is really kind of blurry.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess because it looks to me like a conglomeration of parts stuck together with not much design. I'm also disappointed in the use of a chain instead of a quieter, lube free, belt. The clear cover for the Hairball in such a vulnerable area doesn't seem like a great idea either, a mild lay down might do major damage. Other than that.....at least it's electric :wink:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess because it looks to me like a conglomeration of parts stuck together with not much design. I'm also disappointed in the use of a chain instead of a quieter, lube free, belt. The clear cover for the Hairball in such a vulnerable area doesn't seem like a great idea either, a mild lay down might do major damage. Other than that.....at least it's electric :wink:

Good points. There is definitely some tidying up to do and there are some more changes to come before the production version.