Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Lawnmowers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are just lucky. Empty tanks can attract moisture, which will cause phase separation in the new ethanol blends. Also there is always trace fuel coating the inside of the lines and carb, when that dries out it will leave a varnish deposit over time. The way to store an ICE is to fill the tank and put in Stor n Start or similar preservative additive. I've rarely had a problem starting a mower, weedeater, chainsaw, etc., after 6+ months, or cars, boats, and tractors, for even longer periods.

The majority of my lawn is cut automatically by an electric LawnBott. It's carbon-free and does an excellent job.

1.jpg

About a year. Before that I had been using a RoboMower for about eight years, but it became unreliable and I traded it in.

The LawnBott has Li-Ion batteries so it's lighter weight and runs longer. It also runs home to recharge and then heads out again. It adapts to the grass growth rate and goes out less or more as required to keep the lawn trimmed.

back on riding electric mowers -- http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/zeon.html is the other option besides the recharge mower listed above (Arien's amp i guess went out of production last year). Or there are places that do conversions.

If we didn't have dogs and cats i'd be considering the lawnbott...

You can get everything electric now (and not have crap like some of the electric lawn tools i had 10 years ago)
yard supplies: electric riding mower, electric push mower, cordless electric edger/weed whacker, electric chainsaw (although the one i have requires some oil)

Any further comments on your lawnbott? Any problems so far? Where'd you buy it? I'd like to get one but the mixed reviews I've seen are holding me back so far...

About a year. Before that I had been using a RoboMower for about eight years, but it became unreliable and I traded it in.

The LawnBott has Li-Ion batteries so it's lighter weight and runs longer. It also runs home to recharge and then heads out again. It adapts to the grass growth rate and goes out less or more as required to keep the lawn trimmed.

We've been using electric mowers since 1987. We had one that lasted 20 years on our first house with a 40x100 lot. The landscaping on our current house is very rocky and a challenge for any mower. It is larger but with a 100' cord I still use an electric. Plug & Play :cool:

Doug_G has a LawnBott that he is quite happy with, send him a PM if you're interested in an autonomous mower.

I've got a solaris push mower, I'm fairly happy with it, but I do find it to be a compromise compared to a gas push mower. (The lead acid batteries make it quite heavy, which is really only a problem for manoeuvring and cutting on inclines.)

I ended up buying a gas zero turn riding lawn mower earlier this year. If there had been a compelling electric version I would have been all over it, but there are few electric riders out there and the only one available locally had terrible reviews...

I'm going to revive this thread since it has been 3 years. Seems awfully silly for me to drive my Model S to the gas station next spring to fill up a tank of gas so I can mow my lawn.

Anyone have experience lately with electric lawn mowers? I have about 1000 sq feet of lawn to mow.

BTW, the Dutch are brilliant.

Doug_G has a LawnBott that he is quite happy with, send him a PM if you're interested in an autonomous mower.

Yep, I'm in my home office this morning, and I just heard it leaving its recharge cubby by the back door. Does a great job on the lawn.

My only complaint is that it occasionally gets stuck behind my shed. I should probably adjust the perimeter wire so it doesn't go back there.

I have a Hustler Zeon - zero turning radius electric, goes for an hour or so per charge.

had it a little over a year now, been working great. It was kind of expensive though, and I'm afraid of service issues given the dealer is a couple hours away -- so far so good though. The main annoyance is having to water the batteries.

Yep, I'm in my home office this morning, and I just heard it leaving its recharge cubby by the back door. Does a great job on the lawn.

My only complaint is that it occasionally gets stuck behind my shed. I should probably adjust the perimeter wire so it doesn't go back there.

How high can it cut the grass and which model did you get? My parents have about an acre lawn with part of the backyard having a steep hill so a little dangerous on a riding mower. They'd love something like this. Cutting the grass too short during the summer can damage the lawn though in the midwest. One of the electric lawn-bots I looked at only cut to 2.5" I think. Thanks.

This looks like it would work
Kyodo America - LawnBott - Models - LB3510 - Electric Mower

How high can it cut the grass and which model did you get? My parents have about an acre lawn with part of the backyard having a steep hill so a little dangerous on a riding mower. They'd love something like this. Cutting the grass too short during the summer can damage the lawn though in the midwest. One of the electric lawn-bots I looked at only cut to 2.5" I think. Thanks.

This looks like it would work
Kyodo America - LawnBott - Models - LB3510 - Electric Mower

I have the LB3510. Yes, the cut height can only go so high, but it does do a great job. My yard looks like it was cut by a milling machine.

I used to have a RoboMower, which could cut a bit higher. It lasted about eight years, at which point it needed some major maintenance and I decided to try a LawnBott instead.

There were pros and cons to the RoboMower. It used lead acid batteries, which were rather heavy (I think the removable battery pack weighed as much as a whole LawnBott), and had limited life (1 to 1.5 summers). It was better at getting itself unstuck if it got into a tight corner, but it also couldn't handle steep grades. Overall I'm happier with the LawnBott.