Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmunds Model S Long-Term Test

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Edmunds is getting ready to sell their Model S. The CarMax offer ($79k for a P85 with 22.5k miles) works out to almost be an exact $1/mile depreciation hit; certainly seems fair to me.

http://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-s/2013/long-term-road-test/2013-tesla-model-s-carmax-offer.html
Thanks for the heads up!

Bummer!!! I wish they'd kept it a few more years to see how things hold up and to see whether it needs any more major component replacements.

As of earlier today, Edmunds' hadn't decided what they were going to do with the car. They were just looking into their options. I believe they're open to keeping the car for a while longer. I hope they do. Their car had a rough go of it for a while and I'm curious as to whether its been brought up to current standards.

Edmunds is keeping the Tesla a little while longer. They are starting a cross-country road trip tonight and are planning to arrive in New York by Monday night. It'll be interesting to see if they can complete the trip in the 69 hours they're projecting, which would be the Tesla time by 7. My interpretation of the world record Tesla set was for shortest charge time, not shortest drive time, so I'm not quite sure about their world record reference. Regardless, it should be fun to see updates.

http://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-...t/2013-tesla-model-s-coast-to-coast-trip.html

Pretty impressive. LA to NYC in well under 68 hours.

EdmundsTeslaArrival.jpg

A few more Superchargers have opened since the Tesla run that allowed Edmunds to cut a few hundred miles off the trip. That, and the aforementioned lack of snow, would contribute significantly to the reduced travel time. No ICE support vans to break down either. :wink:

Still, well done Edmunds! Glad you guys decided to keep your S and do this run.

Now if only Edmunds would stop contributing to things like this:

Electric Cars and Hurricanes Dont Mix | Fox Business

Jason O'Dell obviously knows better. He makes it seem like an EV will zap its battery sitting in traffic while a gas car at idle will do just fine. Sure, a Leaf isn't the perfect get away car from a hurricane but gas stations need power as well to pump gas.

Jason O'Dell obviously knows better. He makes it seem like an EV will zap its battery sitting in traffic while a gas car at idle will do just fine. Sure, a Leaf isn't the perfect get away car from a hurricane but gas stations need power as well to pump gas.

That is kind of the point. You expect more from Edmunds.

Though I also find it interesting that the article seems to forget the existence of the Tesla Model S and tries to portray the Roadster as Tesla's car. Thus not mentioning Model S miles or charging speeds.