Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Supercharging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delaware Supercharger Location

I can confirm that the Delaware Superchargers are being installed, not at the Christiana Mall, but instead at the nearby Delaware Rest Area on I-95. I just snapped the three photos below of the installation in progress. This is on the Southbound side of the main rest area building facing Southbound 95, just outside the covered bus entrance. There was no solar canopy or array, but I did see four supercharger "docks" if you will.

DE Supercharger 1.jpg
DE Supercharger 2.jpg
DE Supercharger 3.jpg

I like how the third picture shows the slant, but I'm pretty sure that's just a refresh rate with my cell phone camera taking a pic from a moving car. :smile:

Thanks,
Wayne

Nice! Good sleuthing there. And IMO a great spot for them. Plenty to do/eat/etc.. in that giant rest stop, and very convenient for travel up from DC or down from NJ/Penn

Perfect location and easily accessible. 198 miles south of my house so really a sweet spot ... I'll get near maximum charge rate on the way to DC. Will have to curb my lead foot to make it there though, even with an 85kWh.

Cool! So now that we know the definite locations of those 2 superchargers, can we pretty much assume there will be one in Central Jersey? I get about 203 miles between the two chargers...The greatest span in CA is 160 (the least is 91). In all honesty, I wouldn't need it since I live in Northern Jersey, but I'm sure folks trying to make that big jump would appreciate it!

Hopefully there is a way to unplug someone who is done charging and isn't coming back to their car (if the cable is long enough which it might not be). Ideally, only Tesla would be able to remotely unlock the charge port after they attempted to call the owner of the car plugged in. I would think this would be a rare circumstance since most owners would hang around near their can and monitor it with an iPhone or Android phone.

I can confirm that the Delaware Superchargers are being installed, not at the Christiana Mall, but instead at the nearby Delaware Rest Area on I-95. I just snapped the three photos below of the installation in progress. This is on the Southbound side of the main rest area building facing Southbound 95, just outside the covered bus entrance. There was no solar canopy or array, but I did see four supercharger "docks" if you will.

I like how the third picture shows the slant, but I'm pretty sure that's just a refresh rate with my cell phone camera taking a pic from a moving car. :smile:

Thanks,
Wayne

I guess it's here?

39.662068,-75.691322 - Google Maps

- - - Updated - - -

1 is installed the "old fashioned" way ;-)

Could be a temporary installation!
Anyhow, it is a good way to test your back-up camera ;-)

Last edited:
Cool! So now that we know the definite locations of those 2 superchargers, can we pretty much assume there will be one in Central Jersey? I get about 203 miles between the two chargers...The greatest span in CA is 160 (the least is 91). In all honesty, I wouldn't need it since I live in Northern Jersey, but I'm sure folks trying to make that big jump would appreciate it!

Yeah, unless you're driving at 3am, the stretch from Milford, CT to Delaware is not going without some serious traffic...

I guess it's here?

39.662068,-75.691322 - Google Maps

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly right on the map, if you go Northwest out of that building they are directly across from the awning covering the bus loading area taking up the last 5-6 parking spaces shown in that photo. Also note the fenced in area behind it in my picture which presumably houses the transformers and other switching circuitry.

Thanks,
Wayne