Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discovering Great Apple Music Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been a long time fan of Slacker using their optional 320 bit quality but lately have gone over to Apple Music in my late 2022 refresh. As long as I manually restart it every time I drive, its great. Music with high production value simply sounds fabulous in the S.....Madonna, Billy Ocean, Basia, etc........even older pieces like Dirty Laundry really shows off the excellent bass and overall clarity of the sound. Really impressed with this setup in the S.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I have been a long time fan of Slacker using their optional 320 bit quality but lately have gone over to Apple Music in my late 2022 refresh. As long as I manually restart it every time I drive, its great. Music with high production value simply sounds fabulous in the S.....Madonna, Billy Ocean, Basia, etc........even older pieces like Dirty Laundry really shows off the excellent bass and overall clarity of the sound. Really impressed with this setup in the S.

How much better would you say Apple Music is than Spotify in the Model S refresh?

This could have changed, but the premium Slacker on Tesla topped out at 160 kbps (regardless of what was set in your Slacker account). Years ago the 160 kbps option disappeared, and it was unclear if it dropped to 128 kbps or if all cars got 160 kbps, or if the Slacker account had some control over it (doubtful). I suspect it dropped to 128 kbps for everyone, although the codec has been updated over the years.

I've never heard what the Apple Music bitrate is, and Tesla may be using a different (better) codec too for Apple.