Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did they make v10 UI better for Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it at least allow storeing auto lower locations, or are we stuck with Tesla's interpretation of what a highway is, because Elon always knows better than the driver when the car should go low?

I assume it's still speed-based rather than based on road classification of the maps, but I could be wrong.

There is no stored location-based auto-lowering in any software version yet.

You can tell from the top-level screen what level the suspension is at?

You can adjust the suspension height from the top-level screen? How many touches of the screen does it take to get to the suspension height adjustment?

If I'm approaching a driveway or monster speed bump, I don't want to stop, hit the car icon, look for the (I can't remember which menu has suspension) then hit the raise suspension button, then after I've gone over the obstruction, I don't want to do the same damned thing to lower it again, or worse, drive around for 20 miles with it raised.

The SAS UI is terrible.

This is a small image, but it's two touches to get here:
https://i0.wp.com/electrek.co/wp-co...56.jpg?w=246&h=394&quality=82&strip=all&ssl=1

From this article:
Tesla's version 9 software is not perfect, but it puts all other in-car user interfaces to shame - Electrek

It's not terrific, but it's OK. I'm much more annoyed with the map. In late V 8 they made it possible for the map to extend up into the top icons but you could make the map the bottom app and that was OK, but now it's always the top app and the icons at the top disappear into the map. Many map controls like zooming in and out disappear so you have to hit the map once to make the controls appear and then again to adjust things.

I miss v 8.

I miss V8 even after the fact that I had it for less than 2 months before getting V9.

They have done nothing to improve S/X user experience. It's all 3 focused.

Netflix etc works great on the screen and they did maximize it by filling the entire screen with stuff to scroll etc. The new visualizations in the IC are nice and useful too. But still no split screen.

Hold on so right now I have a free slacker account which streams as I wish. And after that update, I’ll now have Spotify and have to use my own paid account?

Confused how this is an advantage $ wise for owners who were fine with slacker?

I get Spotify being the preferred streaming service but no free account by Tesla now?

Reactions: emmz0r
It's sad that we are so afraid of Tesla screwing us over with an update, that we have to go to such great lengths to thwart it.
"The best process is no process" Elon said last night at the Starship presentation, and in my opinion as a software professional that quote alone explains an awful lot about the current state of affairs WRT Tesla firmware. So much so that I've considered throwing it into my TMC signature.

Reactions: whitex and thecloud
Yes, and notably Version 9 has been able to do this for a while too.

I know you’ve been able to drive with the camera up it’s been like that since day 1. But. I’ve heard grumblings that it might be something that goes away. And pre v9 you could flip the camera to the very top and put everything else on the bottom. I was hoping that would come back but apparently not. Bummer.

"The best process is no process" Elon said last night at the Starship presentation, and in my opinion as a software professional that quote alone explains an awful lot about the current state of affairs WRT Tesla firmware. So much so that I've considered throwing it into my TMC signature.
I was thinking about changing my signature to Ex Tesla Fan, if V10 still sucks like V9. I don't care about all the new features, I just don't want to lose functionality that I had when the car was new.

Browser still sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean it sucks! There is no difference between mcu1 and MCU 2 browser. Look at how perfect mine loads cnn on v10
IMG_20190929_164201.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190929_164201.jpg
    IMG_20190929_164201.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 40
Spotify is awesome. Using it now. No issues with lag for it
Yeah the rest of the world has been reporting bugs forever, maybe they've finally got it to the point where it doesn't freeze and cause MCU reboots just in time for the USA release.

The car will only ever automatically take you to Standard or Low. Unless you have SAS locations memorized that can take you to High or Very High. But why would you be launching from those places?
That might be the theory but now that I am conscious about the warning to not launch hard when High or Very High I do check this, sometimes the suspension is set to High nowhere near where I would have marked it as a raise point.

don't have v10 yet, but from what I read, there is absolutely nothing in v10 that I, or my wife, would care about.
Yep, so many shortcomings would be solved by allowing CarPlay or Android Auto on these cars, I just can't see it happening though.

Last edited: