Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S 540 Vehicle Error and door opening on park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Model S 75, and For the last few days my App hasn’t been connecting and I get a 540 Vehicle Server Error. I’ve uninstalled the app reinstalled logged back in and still getting the error. Additionally, I just put my car in park and the rear back door opened. I’ve now recreated the issue and it persistently opens the rear door soon as I place in park. I’m not sure if these issues are related, but both are a nuisance. Any help is appreciated.

I have a 2017 Model S 75, and For the last few days my App hasn’t been connecting and I get a 540 Vehicle Server Error. I’ve uninstalled the app reinstalled logged back in and still getting the error. Additionally, I just put my car in park and the rear back door opened. I’ve now recreated the issue and it persistently opens the rear door soon as I place in park. I’m not sure if these issues are related, but both are a nuisance. Any help is appreciated.
The door opening is a result of maladjusted or broken microswitch in the door handle mechanism (assuming you have the original door handles).