Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did any of you order your Tesla sight unseen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of us in Australia who have been waiting for years, ordered sight un-seen in late May this year. When we put down original deposits we had no idea of pricing. It was a leap of faith, but when the demo cars turned up about 2 months ago and I had a chance to drive one, I did breathe a sigh of relief.

There are still no cars delivered yet, no service centres, no Tesla stores and no dates set. We are a bit like the original US orders, but we at least have had the advantage of the experiences of others like the good people of this forum. Thank you all.

But, if I had half a chance to check one out before I locked in the order, I would have definitely done it.

I plan on placing my order in the next couple of weeks, but don't live within reasonable range of a store. Did any of you place your order without ever test driving one or stepping foot in a Tesla store?
No test drive, but I did travel to a store to make sure the seats were comfortable. (Don't you hate being in a car with uncomfortable seats?)

Honestly, I wasn't really serious about getting a Tesla until I went on a test drive. Luckily, there was a test drive event in Dallas about two weeks after I started looking for a new car. After spending 10 minutes driving and 45 minutes talking to the service techs and looking at the car, I was hooked.

25% of those that test drive ..... buy the car!