Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivering times appears to be very rough, is it really 3 months out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my new Model S last week, my delivery date is "October". Is there any chance it might be earlier than that?
It sounds like you're new to Tesla. The answer is: Nobody here knows, and it is impossible to obtain reliable information from Tesla. Many people here are still waiting on cars they ordered back in 2020. I'm waiting on a car that I bought in January with an estimated delivery of February/March. Given Tesla's long history of false delivery date estimates, I think there is an 80% chance you will get your car AFTER October and a 1% chance you will get your car before October. It sounds like you ordered a Plaid, but I would still give you a 40% chance of not getting your car in 2021. That is my completely honest opinion.

Reactions: 2101Guy
It sounds like you're new to Tesla. The answer is: Nobody here knows, and it is impossible to obtain reliable information from Tesla. Many people here are still waiting on cars they ordered back in 2020. I'm waiting on a car that I bought in January with an estimated delivery of February/March. Given Tesla's long history of false delivery date estimates, I think there is an 80% chance you will get your car AFTER October and a 1% chance you will get your car before October. It sounds like you ordered a Plaid, but I would still give you a 40% chance of getting your car in 2022. That is my completely honest opinion.
I ordered a long range, with black exterior, white interior, 21 inch wheels and full self driving. And yes I am new to Tesla

I ordered a long range, with black exterior, white interior, 21 inch wheels and full self driving. And yes I am new to Tesla
It looks like they have a shortage of something. In any event, they seem now to be concentrating on delivering the high end Plaid versions first (to get more money). The LR version will likely be very limited. Ordering now, it says the LR in early 2022, while if you order a plaid now, it says september/october. I'd say a plaid order now or earlier should be delivered by the end of 2021. The LR might get delivered this year, but more likely into 2022, in my opinion. Like epi10 says, no one here knows. Probably even Tesla does not know.