Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck at Boston Store 11/26/2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1/ - Cybertruck at Boston Store 11/26/2023. It was so bitchin to see. To me it is about the size I imagined. The rear end looks actually good in person, despite not liking it in pictures.

20231126_144011.jpg
20231126_143427.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
8/ Line from B-pillar to tailgate is not a straight line, its bowed slightly. So is the rear roof window, its slightly convex.

Attachments

• 20231126_151528.jpg
    20231126_151528.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231126_151535.jpg
    20231126_151535.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231126_151629.jpg
    20231126_151629.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 39
Here is what we heard from the team at the store (no need to tell us most of what they say is inaccurate)

- At the door they ask you to sign in (so they can message you to buy a Tesla). They ask if you have a reservation and if you do, they claimed that because you came to the showroom, when New England gets an allotment, they will call you first, ahead of the reservation line. Then another employee said reservations mean nothing. Then the manager said when asked how does a reservation impact getting a truck and he said a little but we don't really know.
- If you go to the store on Thursday they will be open and simulcasting the delivery event at all stores and there will be swag bags for the first few hundred attendees.
- The truck was driven to Boston by the engineering team. When it got there they spent 8 hours prepping the truck, cleaning it. Apparently it is hard to polish.
- They said this truck should be at the Boston store for about two weeks.
- They have no clue how much current the 220V outlet will deliver.
- They would not let me photo the VIN and they had no idea if it was dual or tri motor.
- They claim the mirrors are not removable.

Here is what we heard from the team at the store (no need to tell us most of what they say is inaccurate)

- At the door they ask you to sign in (so they can message you to buy a Tesla). They ask if you have a reservation and if you do, they claimed that because you came to the showroom, when New England gets an allotment, they will call you first, ahead of the reservation line. Then another employee said reservations mean nothing. Then the manager said when asked how does a reservation impact getting a truck and he said a little but we don't really know.
- If you go to the store on Thursday they will be open and simulcasting the delivery event at all stores and there will be swag bags for the first few hundred attendees.
- The truck was driven to Boston by the engineering team. When it got there they spent 8 hours prepping the truck, cleaning it. Apparently it is hard to polish.
- They would not let me photo the VIN and they had no idea if it was dual or tri motor.
Great info - thanks for sharing! I had been thinking they might do a delivery day simulcast in the stores too.

Line from B-pillar to tailgate is not a straight line, its bowed slightly. So is the rear roof window, its slightly convex. See the red lines in this picture.
Uh, that's kinda gross. Like now that you see it you cannot unsee it.

Anyway the truck looks nice. Last time in its life it won't be covered in finger prints :) The appearance continues to grow on me slowly...

It's obvious that owners are going to need to wrap these with something, either vinyl, or PPF.
I don't think polishing/waxing/ceramic sealing is going to be sufficient. I could be wrong, but without a factory paint/clearcoat layer, how are people going to repair scratches? Can't buff out minor ones. And sanding would mean you have to do the entire truck to make it match. Seems like a long-term cosmetic maintenance nightmare. People will have to either PPF/vinyl them new, or vinyl them later to hide all the imperfections.
A plus though, all the flat surfaces are quite easy to wrap DIY.

Here's how I imagine the conversation went between corporate sending the truck and the showroom in Boston:

Corp: We're going to send you a Cybertruck to show off.

Showroom: Great! What trim/spec is it?

Corp: We can't tell you.

Showroom: OK.. how about info on the features like the outlet or foldable mirrors?

Corp: We can't tell you.

Showroom: ...... Can you at least tell us how in person orders will go into the reservation queue come launch day?

Corp: Nope! Have a good one.

Showroom: ............