Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have access to infections by age for this jurisdiction, you could see whether this is because the infections are moving into the older population (this is one possibility for why this is happening). Also that dip appears to be Thanksgiving related on the case front, so is somewhat artificial.

there is probably some way to get historical data for that but all I have on me is a snapshot as of now. I've posted similar snapshots in the past but not necessarily near the points you want to compare with.

Knox County COVID-19 Case Count - COVID-19 - Health Department - Knox County Tennessee Government

upload_2020-12-4_1-30-40.png

upload_2020-12-4_1-31-15.png

I really hope Trump, Obama, Clinton, and Bush Jr. can do some vaccine taking event together. Trump has hacked into the minds of 47% of the American population, and I think they're much more likely to accept the vaccine if Trump does it.

Don't forget Biden & Kamala! He needs it the most urgently, tbh. I suspect he's reticent to take it because he doesn't want to be accused of taking someone's place in line. He should get it though. He's an essential worker.

Definitely have to get Trump on board, but he's probably not going to do that. "They say he's immune."

For sure we need leadership to show that the vaccine is safe and effective.

And then everyone who gets it needs to continue to wear masks & minimize contact with others! There's no evidence (yet) that the vaccine provides any mucosal immunity, which means that you could still contract and spread it (I would guess less readily but no idea). Don't know yet. I'm sure @bkp_duke could comment on that, but he stopped contributing here due to the political talk.

This behavior is quite common for vaccines; the (IPV) polio vaccine does not prevent transmission.

Mrs. Uujjj (an emergency doc in Northern California) says severe COVID has exploded in the last week. Earlier, she would see a trickle of COVID patients, around 1 per shift, but this week has seen far more, around 4 per shift.

I have seen the same as an emergency physician here in Montana in the last weeks. And by the way, only 22% of the population voted for Trump and 25% for Biden. Meaning voting numbers do not well reflect population mind hacks.

Intent to Get a COVID-19 Vaccine Rises to 60% as Confidence in Research and Development Process Increases

Overall, 60% of Americans say they would definitely or probably get a vaccine for the coronavirus, if one were available today, up from 51% who said this in September. About four-in-ten (39%) say they definitely or probably would not get a coronavirus vaccine, though about half of this group – or 18% of U.S. adults – says it’s possible they would decide to get vaccinated once people start getting a vaccine and more information becomes available.

• Informative
Reactions: Doggydogworld
That's a terrific thread. Ugh. They were stable around ~2 deaths per day all summer. 100/day will be a 50x increase! They still aren't locking down, but have recently tightened restrictions.

Looks like Sweden is probably up to about 80 deaths per day (max so far in a day recently has been 60, nearly two weeks ago).

Bevand predicted 100 per day right around December 11th, which is looking like it'll be pretty close to correct. We'll know whether that was correct by Christmas.

Surprised Tegnell still has a job! He's no Fauci, that's for sure. Tegnell couldn't even predict that this was coming (when it was completely obvious).
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 12.43.10 AM.png

Reactions: Jeff N
That's not what the chart looks like to me, it's dropped dramatically since the recent high of 60.

Lagging indicators?

Why do COVID-19 deaths in Sweden always appear to decrease in the last 10 days?
...In the data that we present on Our World in Data, which comes directly from the European CDC, deaths in Sweden are shown by date of death, while deaths in other countries are shown by date of report.

This matters because it takes a number of days until all deaths for a particular day are reported. In practice this means that Sweden might today only report 10 deaths for yesterday, but once reporting is complete the death count for that day might increase to 40...

That's not what the chart looks like to me, it's dropped dramatically since the recent high of 60.

This is a plot of deaths by date of occurrence, not by day of report. So it is always apparently trending down, even when deaths are rising rapidly. It’s the best way to plot deaths, though. Deaths currently are likely around 80 per day. We’ll know in a couple weeks what they were today. That huge spike on the last data point is actually a pretty bad sign, though. That does not happen if your deaths are going to be low.

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been posted yet. Interesting vitamin c treatment on a critical patient A COVID patient with sepsis was given a megadose of vitamin C. The change in him was 'remarkable' it has already been posted. Don't know why people think this is funny. Only large study that was ever done was with vitamin c taken orally. We still have never seen a "large" study done intravenously.
It's funny because people make miraculous recoveries from COVID everyday (there are a lot of people hospitalized with COVID!).
While the result seems promising for the seriously ill Melbourne patient, and the animal studies, experts said previous studies using large doses of vitamin C to treat sepsis have been mixed.

Professor Simon Finfer, from the George Institute for Global Health, has been researching sepsis for more than 25 years.

"We have seen so many treatments that seem to work in animal models and case reports but haven't proven effective in big studies," he said.
Lots of stuff doesn't end up panning out.

It's funny because people make miraculous recoveries from COVID everyday (there are a lot of people hospitalized with COVID!).

Lots of stuff doesn't end up panning out.
To my knowledge smaller studies have shown mixed (at best) results. I don't know of any large scale study that has tried large doses of intravenous vitamin c. Studies are costly, and without a big "payoff" there is little support from non-profit medical research institutes, ironic don't you think :rolleyes:

BTW. I said back in August that my state (R.I.) was living it up, party after party, and not a care in the world. My Governor (Raimondo) was being lauded as a saint. When in reality the sh*t show had already begun.

Not surprisingly we (R.I.) are leading the world in cases per million as of this week. Restaurants are still open indoors (33% capacity) bars are closed. I'm in a duckpin bowling league and they just shut that down also.

I ask Joe Biden only one favor, take my Governor please o_O