Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering canceling my order. Rekindle the Tesla fire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was talking more in terms of build quality, not performance. Meaning, the fit/finish is more of what you find on a Honda/Toyota (nothing wrong with them) but it doesn't have the $60K+ finish.

Sorry that I was not clear.
I would say my prime has better fit and finish and it was 30k and rides better lol. Tesla QA has sorely lacked for sure.

• Funny
Reactions: ord3r
- Leather and wood on steering wheel felt better and refined
I have the older real leather steering wheel.
However I wanted to protect my steering wheel.
And found a good quality cover.
There are different styles, here is the one I installed:

Easy fix: Go drive your existing car to the nearest EVgo or independent charging station. Have a look around. Then drive to a Tesla Supercharger and have a similar look-see.
Exactly. If you just want to drive around town you have many options, road tripping without hassle is a Tesla thing. Regardless, all you have is now, nothing else is guaranteed and choices will surely get better but there’s always an opportunity cost for waiting and when do you finally pull the trigger? Perfection isn’t in the cards til you die (if you’re of that persuasion of course).

Sure. I guess I’ve just never understood “100+ mile commute” to actually mean “200+ mile commute”.

Most people define their "Commuting distance" as the maximum one-way distance a worker could reasonably be expected to travel each workday between the worker's residence and place of work. Either way, my point is more than 200miles driven daily can be tricky during winter conditions if you are to keep your car charged at 80% as recommended while avoiding supercharging every day.

Most people define their "Commuting distance" as the maximum one-way distance a worker could reasonably be expected to travel each workday between the worker's residence and place of work. Either way, my point is more than 200miles driven daily can be tricky during winter conditions if you are to keep your car charged at 80% as recommended while avoiding supercharging every day.
Hmmm. I must have luck or a different driving style. Even in Chicago I have never had an issue getting over 200 miles range for any trip.

This makes the whole "credit" make sense. Tesla.planning
Hmmm. I must have luck or a different driving style. Even in Chicago I have never had an issue getting over 200 miles range for any trip.

Daily? With it charged at 80%? Without using superchargers? If you have a convenient charging sport at your work that works the best. Most don't have that.

Have a bit of dilemma. Been planning on getting a Tesla for a few years after my current car dies. With the series of price hikes last year, got spooked and placed the order for a 7seater MYLR in July. Had a far fetched idea that 4680 battery would push range over 400 miles and make up for the cost/lack of luxury finishes. Currently says delivery in “Dec 2022” though no actual VIN yet. My current car drives fine but is 10ys old, 150k miles and guessing will have expensive repairs in upcoming years. Calculate will save about $3-4k annual saving charging over gas.

But over the last year have watched the car lose feature after feature. Beyond the chronic panel gaps/finish issues which don’t surprise anyone anymore. Now USS, LIDAR, exclusive supercharger access, even passenger lumbar support. With each loss of feature, seem to cone with several weeks of angst by customers, followed by gradual “acceptance” that the feature removal is “for their own good”. Test drove the car and was hard to ignore the plastics/amorphous seats/etc. lacked some “luxury” features my 14 year old acura has.

Realize this forum has a select group of like-minded people with similar perspective. But must not be the only person who is frustrated that this isn’t the amazing car they envisioned.

What am I missing?
You are making good points. Truth to be told Tesla is at a great position in USA. They don't have huge competition, it's coming but months away. So it's obvious they are charging more for their cars than they would otherwise and continue to take features away.

Look at China, all sort of promotions and lower prices because of competition.

It's simple, Supply and Demand. As long as US consumers willing to pay, Tesla will charge and continue to lower their cost (by removing features etc) and increase their profit. Tesla's single goal is to make as much money as they can on every single car they make.

Writing is on the wall. This isn't going to last long. Prices will come down and features will have to come back.

Reactions: Mike7564

This makes the whole "credit" make sense. Tesla.planning

Daily? With it charged at 80%? Without using superchargers? If you have a convenient charging sport at your work that works the best. Most don't have that.
Not sure about your criteria but I always charge to 90% as the norm and rarely use superchargers. Can get 260 with minimal effort. Not sure why this would be a challenge for anyone unless they are in Alaska.

Reactions: Jane4