Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging complete at 36miles. Not getting full range.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

While the car was being driven at around 20mins left at range on the way home and a warning came up for reduced power and the vehicle may not restart. Driver pulls over and of course car doesn’t not restart. Had to pull out the 12V battery to bring home to charge due to the charging port not being able to latch because the 12v was low on charge as well. Put back in the 12v battery and plugged the car up the a generator to get enough charge to load it onto a trailer. Generator produces 110. Put the car to charge when it got home (220v) and at first only charged to around 20 miles and tried again and got it to charge to 36 miles of range. Anyone know what the issue may be? or how I can reset the BMS? Also put the car into service mode and these codes came up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 140
Please search for endless threads on this subject.

Basically, charge to maximum, discharge maximum, then repeat again until you get some improvement. Beware that doing so is not good for your battery but it makes no difference because 38 miles is practically dead.
I took the 12v battery out again and let it sit out of the vehicle for awhile and when i put it back in the car was able to get full range of charge again. Thanks everybody! I knew it was something goofy from what I did when I either took out the 12V or charged it with 110 from the generator. Battery pack is still good.

and I did my research on resetting the bms I just wanted to verify what I gathered to avoid making mistakes but I ended up not having to do that anyway. Thank you for still explaining it for me.

Upvote 0
I took the 12v battery out again and let it sit out of the vehicle for awhile and when i put it back in the car was able to get full range of charge again. Thanks everybody! I knew it was something goofy from what I did when I either took out the 12V or charged it with 110 from the generator. Battery pack is still good.

and I did my research on resetting the bms I just wanted to verify what I gathered to avoid making mistakes but I ended up not having to do that anyway. Thank you for still explaining it for me.
That's not a confidence builder. Why not get Tesla to do a remote diagnostic?

Upvote 0