Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

CCS adapter retrofit now available for Model 3 & Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new estimate but I can't approve it. It says it's outdated but this is what that invoice shows.
1000013040.jpg

It says already configured but I can assure you it says it's not in my car. So just waiting on an update from them.

I have a new estimate but I can't approve it. It says it's outdated but this is what that invoice shows. View attachment 1045207

It says already configured but I can assure you it says it's not in my car. So just waiting on an update from them.

I wonder if somewhere on the Tesla back end it says your car is compatible. Be interesting to see what happens then. IF thats the case, I would then show them it wasnt and ask them to provide it since "my car is supposed to be enabled for it already".

I purchased the CCS upgrade through the web site IIRC - using the link I included in the first post. No problems with the order. I even received a call from a Tesla tech a week before the scheduled install date with an offer to do the install earlier than scheduled.

No humans handling the order/purchase = smoother experience?

Nah, that is just the step to see if you need the retrofit or not, with an assumption that you don't. When they actually inspect and find you don't have it that will likely be removed and replaced with the actual retrofit for $350.
Shouldn't be the $350 regardless, as they asked me to purchase the adaptor already for $250, which I did.

Also, wouldn't they know whether I need it or not via remote diagnostics or VIN info?

Shouldn't be the $350 regardless, as they asked me to purchase the adaptor already for $250, which I did.
You'll likely need to return that adapter, unless you don't want two. The retrofit is a single part number, for a kit that includes the adapter, and it costs $350. (I haven't seen anyone get Tesla to only charge for the ECU portion or give a discount because they already have the adapter.)

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
You'll likely need to return that adapter, unless you don't want two. The retrofit is a single part number, for a kit that includes the adapter, and it costs $350. (I haven't seen anyone get Tesla to only charge for the ECU portion or give a discount because they already have the adapter.)
The service advisor I'm dealing with has been all over the place with this whole thing, as well as condescending about it all. They have gone from "we only offer it for the S/X" to "you'll need to order the adaptor and then we will schedule the retrofit". Either way, I suspect they will get it done and we shall see.

I'm gonna raise a stink about it tomorrow, and see what happens! It was Tesla service who advised me to do this.
Yeah, I get that's who told you; it's frustrating they don't know how that works. Although I think it is just plain stupid that the adapter is bundled in with it. It is not that uncommon for households to have two Teslas, and if they already had an adapter for one of their cars, and just wanted to get the retrofit on the other but didn't need a second adapter, that wouldn't be unusual.

Yeah, I get that's who told you; it's frustrating they don't know how that works. Although I think it is just plain stupid that the adapter is bundled in with it. It is not that uncommon for households to have two Teslas, and if they already had an adapter for one of their cars, and just wanted to get the retrofit on the other but didn't need a second adapter, that wouldn't be unusual.
If you look at the website, it seems to imply to buy it and then schedule the retrofit. So I think there is confusion all around.

Update: They rescheduled my appointment stating we need to wait for my adapter to arrive before continues and then this:

1000013065.jpg

Am I confused and mistaken here or is the service advisor? This should have been such an easy appointment to schedule but has been an absolute PITA.

Update: They rescheduled my appointment stating we need to wait for my adapter to arrive before continues and then this:

View attachment 1045491

Am I confused and mistaken here or is the service advisor? This should have been such an easy appointment to schedule but has been an absolute PITA.

The last thing they said ( that the kit for the retrofit comes with the adapter) is correct, and you will need to return that adapter you purchased separately. as @MP3Mike said:

and as @Rocky_H said:

Yeah, I get that's who told you; it's frustrating they don't know how that works.

Where they said "the information I gave you is 100% accurate", that part I would challenge, but you wont get anywhere doing that.

Where they said "the information I gave you is 100% accurate", that part I would challenge, but you wont get anywhere doing that.
Yeah, that takes some chutzpa to say the wrong thing 9 times in a row, and then suddenly flip and say the opposite thing, and immediately follow it up by arrogantly and proudly proclaiming that what they just told you is absolutely 100% accurate! Um, wellllll...yeah, that is, after you consistently got it wrong for a very long time--not something to be so proud of, bub.

Reactions: jjrandorin
The last thing they said ( that the kit for the retrofit comes with the adapter) is correct, and you will need to return that adapter you purchased separately. as @MP3Mike said:

and as @Rocky_H said:

It's been extremely frustrating dealing with them on this! It should have been a simple appointment but they led me down the wrong path and fed me so much false info throughout the process.

Yeah, that takes some chutzpa to say the wrong thing 9 times in a row, and then suddenly flip and say the opposite thing, and immediately follow it up by arrogantly and proudly proclaiming that what they just told you is absolutely 100% accurate! Um, wellllll...yeah, that is, after you consistently got it wrong for a very long time--not something to be so proud of, bub.
It definitely rubbed me the wrong way! I want to empathize with them as I'm sure they are short staffed with the job cuts but that empathy can only go so far.