Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS combo 1 adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone for your help. Not that DIY adventurous. I had our appointment cancelled for Model Y adapter install. Hope it's soon. We're in an area where 6 Chargepoint Level 3 chargers were installed; 20 miles to Tesla chargers. Isn't that crazy?
How fast are the chargepoint? Most top out at 62.5kw but I have used some that put out 30 even when rated at 62.5.

Also, all those chargepoint have chademo handles so you can always get one of those adapters. More expensive but you don’t have to wait for an as yet non available conversion.

I'm not sure chademo will work either. Our car does not have Supercharging enabled.
IMG_2585.jpeg

https://shop.tesla.com/en_au/product/chademo-adapter

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
I should have said no CCS charging enabled. See photo attached, see line 3. I think chademo may be the same. Does anyone know that. 2021 Model YView attachment 965257
We wouldn’t be suggesting chademo as an option based on what you have posted. And the line would say ccs/chademo adapter support. It does not. It is very specific and they are very different standards.

Are you able to charge at home? For the cost of a used chademo adapter, you could buy a new HPWC or have a 240v outlet installed and use your mobile connector. Even 110V overnight gets you 10%+ range added.

Last edited:
We wouldn’t be suggesting chademo as an option based on what you have posted. And the line would say ccs/chademo adapter support. It does not. It is very specific and they are very different standards.

Are you able to charge at home? For the cost of a used chademo adapter, you could buy a new HPWC or have a 240v outlet installed and use your mobile connector. Even 110V overnight gets you 10%+ range added.
Thanks for all your help. We live in a condo with no charging access. Will wait for the Tesla retrofit. That chademo adapter is a beast. Spoiled by the Tesla designers.