Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The CCS ECU and Combo 1 Harness Retrofit is now free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So weird, same thing happened to me with my 2017 X! I requested CCS retrofit from the app, and they sent an estimate of $0.00. Wonder if it's legit or a mistake? I messaged back to inquire but nobody responded yet.

Does X/S have some special CCS bulletin we don't know about?

One note: on the estimate, it said "customer pre-paid", even though I've never paid anything.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc
So weird, same thing happened to me with my 2017 X! I requested CCS retrofit from the app, and they sent an estimate of $0.00. Wonder if it's legit or a mistake? I messaged back to inquire but nobody responded yet.

One note: on the estimate, it said "customer pre-paid", even though I've never paid anything.
This is very helpful! It would be interesting to hear from somebody with an S/X who did it recently and had to pay. Otherwise, I am inclined to believe that they have made it free, but did not announce it. After all, all other brands are offering the NACS adapters at no cost, and Tesla has incentive to reduce supercharger traffic.

In case it is of any help, this is the box that the ranger left behind, with the part info for the retrofit.

IMG_0752.jpeg

darn, I jinxed it, after I asked for clarification on the $0 estimate, they gave me a revised one :)

1713498474115.png

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod and Vinc