Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t speak to a human at service left me stranded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Inventsc

Dec 26, 2019
Uk
After 3 years of ownership of my Tesla S 75D I totally love it each time I get in it. I have also loved driving all the way to the alps from the uk and been amazed by the amount of super chargers available across the continent. Wow this is the future . This car is epic .

After a terrible purchase experience , I had also been highly impressed by the excellent service model that matches a luxury car with completing new technology that costs £91K.
I have had about 10 minor fixes over the 3 years and got to know all the service people my name at the Bristol service centre. They were great . So were the rangers that came out swiftly to fix my car and even pump the tyres after. Apart from ongoing Spotify issues they fixed most things and offered me courtesy cars for big fixes.
This service made me feel really looked after with such a new tech product and part of a family.l that was pushing the future.
At this point I’m thinking defiantly getting a new Tesla after 3 years with my first model S. I also put down money on a model 3 as well.
But... the other day my granny charging lead broke (that I was using to solely charge my car at my new house ).
I rang Tesla Bristol for a replacement and low and behold could not speak to a single human At Bristol !!!! It was not possible all line cut .
What the hell is going on?

I had to call the general call centre number but this was hopeless.
After 5 phone calls and speaking to 3 separate people no one could actually help my plight and I was stranded . I had to use emergency line and still no luck . No one was empowered to send me a new lead despite my Car actually self diagnosing the issue and saying ‘charging lead fault’ on the screen! This should have been enough to send me a new lead.
The call centre were telling me you have to drive to Bristol . I could not as had could not charge the car and had insufficient charge to reach a charger . Also I am a director of a large company and could not just take a day off to do a 100 mile round trip

They said. I would have to post my cable back, it would have to be assessed and only then would they send out a new cable . This would take a week .
I filled out the service appointment on the app with the cable and some other software issues and was horrified to find I would not be seen for at least 3 weeks! Tesla has not even mentioned this as changing.
Worse still the app said I had to bring the car in Just for a cable what had happened to the ranger service ? How would I get home !

The only way I got out of this was I still had the rangers phone number stored on my phone from meeting him on previous call outs .
I rang him and pleaded desperately for him to call the service centre . Luckily he did.

I finally spoke to a human and then pleaded for another charging lead from be sent out . He said no I can’t do that as it might be the car . You need to post it and wait. Eventually he spoke to a mechanic and agreed it was defiantly a lead fault and posted me on out which it was.

To conclude I don’t know how else I could have actually got my car going under this appalling service regime inside a month.

I am now really sad Tesla have changed such a great service system and deleted the speaking to a human.

Unless I can get some major reassurance ,I am now most likely cancelling my next model S as you can’t run a 90k car with a service model like this.

Tesla has a MAJOR problem on their hands and doesn't seem to care. Elon stated nearly a year ago that they knew it was an issue and it's only got worse sense then. There are isolated pockets where the service centers perform admirably in which case the glaring omission of not being able to speak with a human being is a moot point. For the rest of us the service centers are awful and we NEED to be able to speak with a human being directly that we can hold accountable until our issues are resolved.

At this point, I'm basically just waiting until other manufacturers produce an EV to jump ship, sadly.

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy