Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance - Any way to talk to a live human?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've had Tesla Insurance for about 2 years - for our new Tesla and for my porsche Cayenne and Panamera - and they have been terrific, if mostly over the internet... UNTIL we had a catastrophe 8 weeks ago, a massive pine in our garden fell down on top of all 3 cars and our garage. All were badly damaged and undriveable. I contacted Tesla Insurance the same day and tried to speak to someone with no luck, and sent in the crash forms and photos for all 3 the next day.
A few days later I was assigned a adjuster and got an email from him asking for an estimate from the approved body shop. I sent back a few questions by email and text and got no replies despite continuing to ask. 2 weeks later I had an email from another adjuster, Jasmine Johnson, saying she had taken over the case and asked the the same questions. By then I had got estimates on the vehicle and these were sent in. I asked some questions but no replies... and no rental cars either! As before no answer to calls (always answering machine), emails or texts, and the repair shop was getting pissed because they had sent in estimates several times and got no response.
I managed to get a live person on the new claim line, who said I should break it into one new claim per vehicle and email a different group to get a rental. Good advice, they sorted out a rental for 20 days, and I got 2 new claim adjusters as well as my current one, Hope Brook and Rusty Powell. These guys have answered some of my questions by email (nobody ever answers a phone call to give answers) but 8 weeks after putting in my claim none of the 3 estimates have been approved, and only 1 even shows up on the Tesla site claims tasks as having found a repair facility. This is a truly terrible response in every way, and I'm looking at another 2 months to get the parts and have the repair work done WHEN the estimates are approved - and nobody I can speak to about the problems.
My question is simple, has anyone found a way to get to speak to someone live who can help, or an email or text address that someone will respond to?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have filed claim before and everything is smooth, lessons learned:

1) Never tried to call the main or try to find a live person to talk to, it only adds to frustration.
2) Ask questions in the app.
3) My adjuster gave her number to text to, I use that for communication and everything is handled promptly, she mentioned 24-48 hrs response time. Make sure you include claim number every time
4) Email correspondence must include claim number in subject, don’t put other text in it
5) They changed how rental car is handled, centralized in one email address, this is a bad idea and added further delays, you can get your own rental and ask for reimbursement later but it will be more expensive.
6) Keep questions simple and not TLDR type , separate them into multiple text or email, easier for the adjuster to digest, and won’t skip over.
7) Ymmv.

Good luck.

My question is simple, has anyone found a way to get to speak to someone live who can help, or an email or text address that someone will respond to?

Choose a different insurance company with a different philosophy for customer service. Tesla’s entire customer support model is to speak to you as little as possible. It’s deliberate.

Sorry you’re going through this. I’d never trust a company like Tesla with something as important as insurance.

It's frustrating to hear about the lack of communication and the slow process in getting claims moving ... Splitting the claims as suggested and finally getting some rental assistance was a positive step, but it's clear the overall response has been far from satisfactory.