Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calgary is getting a service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Column 5 on the chart ?
I think the Tesla Ranger (cool name sounds like Texas Ranger) as referenced in this document and in the chart assumes that a ranger has been chosen as an option instead of bringing to a SC. It does not appear to be documented anywhere, but it is my understanding (and experience) that if there is no SC within a reasonable distance then Tesla provides service using a ranger, without charge. That being said, I never had a routine maintenance, only warranty calls. It might be something they offer but don't put in writing so they can offer the service on a best endeavors basis rather than being legally obligated.

I think the Tesla Ranger (cool name sounds like Texas Ranger) as referenced in this document and in the chart assumes that a ranger has been chosen as an option instead of bringing to a SC. It does not appear to be documented anywhere, but it is my understanding (and experience) that if there is no SC within a reasonable distance then Tesla provides service using a ranger, without charge. That being said, I never had a routine maintenance, only warranty calls. It might be something they offer but don't put in writing so they can offer the service on a best endeavors basis rather than being legally obligated.

Thanks gpetti. Just to clarify I did send an email to my DS and she said that they will send out a Ranger for $100 per visit. I think that you had a special deal or may still have special treatment as a previous loyal Tesla customer. But for the newbies they do not seem to offer such free visits. However, maybe it is off-record and dependant on how nice one is on the phone and the nature of the problem. :)

When I purchased my service agreement, there was an option for an extra $100 a year for unlimited Ranger service. If you didn't pay that, then you paid $100 every time. That option seems to have disappeared.

Considering the closest service center is 200 km away (400 km at the time I signed), and for some reason my car has needed a lot of service (going in again next week in fact), buying that was a really good idea.

When I purchased my service agreement, there was an option for an extra $100 a year for unlimited Ranger service. If you didn't pay that, then you paid $100 every time. That option seems to have disappeared.

Considering the closest service center is 200 km away (400 km at the time I signed), and for some reason my car has needed a lot of service (going in again next week in fact), buying that was a really good idea.

Yes, I agree. I really really really really really really really hope that the service centre in Calgary will open up soon. Really. Lol. Otherwise it'll have to be purchase the service plan plus $100 per visit since that is more economical than driving the car 10 hrs to Vancouver.

When I purchased my service agreement, there was an option for an extra $100 a year for unlimited Ranger service. If you didn't pay that, then you paid $100 every time.

I've been lucky: the car has required service twice, both times a Ranger dropped by no charge, since they were "in the neighbourhood".

The issues were pretty minor - a glovebox that didn't stay closed, and a 12V replacement battery, the latter done out of precaution because according to the remote logs the battery had been fine except for the one time that it wasn't. (And they can't reset the warning remotely.) The car had been sitting not plugged in and going on very short trips, repeatedly.

Victoria/Vancouver Island is a bit of a special case. As the crow flies it's not that far to the Vancouver service centre, but it takes 8 hours and about $140 round trip to get there. I didn't pay for ranger service because I figured I'd be in Vancouver often enough.

I would hope a service center in Calgary doesn't mean a long trip from Edmonton to get service.
I had a Ranger visit yesterday to replace my 12V battery, he didn't know when the center in Calgary was to open but he did say it would just reduce the travel for the Rangers. Edmontonians should still get the same kind of service we've been getting from the Vancouver guys.

• Informative
Reactions: derekasch

This has been my experience as well. Two ranger visits (one warranty, one to check the status of the battery after my accident) and no bills despite my lack of a service plan.

Could have something to do with my being over 2000km from a service center. No, that's not a typo.

I think that you had a special deal or may still have special treatment as a previous loyal Tesla customer. But for the newbies they do not seem to offer such free visits.

Definitely not the case, as I am a first-time owner but was not charged for the ranger visit.

Last edited:
This has been my experience as well. Two ranger visits (one warranty, one to check the status of the battery after my accident) and no bills despite my lack of a service plan.

Could have something to do with my being over 2000km from a service center. No, that's not a typo.

Definitely not the case, as I am a first-time owner but was not charged for the ranger visit.

That sounds awesome. I guess Tesla just doesn't put stuff in writing on their online forms but gives great customer service for those of us that live far from a service centre.