Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breezewood/Bedford (PA) Supercharger (speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even with all these, for travel north and east of Pittsburgh, Bedford or Breezewood is essential. The single and unreliable chaedmo at Altoona doesn't cut it.
I'd assert Breezewood isn't a great charging location for travel between Pittsburgh / Somerset and Altoona / State College. Bedford would still make sense for that case as the intersection of I-76 and I-99. There are several good candidate properties there now, right by the interchange, including Denny's, a few fast-food places, and a few hotels.

And certainly Breezewood would still be a good "infill" site for traffic to/from DC/Baltimore as well as general I-76 traffic.

For travel further to the northeast, Altoona could be a good location, particularly for anyone who wants to take 22 from Pittsburgh, and of course for anyone traveling between the turnpike and Penn State. I'd also hope to see a supercharger near the I-80 / I-99 interchange as part of filling in the I-80 corridor, though I'd understand if they end up in Lewisburg and Clearfield / DuBois. (Those are closer to the "2016" pins on Tesla's map.)

Finally -- that quote from me was from late 2013, at which point there were 42 open locations worldwide (37 in North America). :)