Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lancaster, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone I work with said he saw a Tesla construction truck at the Sheetz in Red Lion, PA. This store is not open but is undergoing an extensive remodeling on both the exterior and interior. It doesn't make much sense as it is close to the York, PA supercharger. Would anyone be able to check the permits for this location(3200 Cape Horn RD), or keep any eye out for Tesla equipment?

I stopped by a Monday 02-10-20 and electricians were wiring them up. Then I stopped by yesterday 02-12-20 and spoke with one of the electricians. He said they had just finished the wiring and that the chargers should be ready in two weeks. He Telsa has to come in and integrate them into the network first. Can't wait for Lancaster to have a Super Charger and a V3 at that!

Someone I work with said he saw a Tesla construction truck at the Sheetz in Red Lion, PA. This store is not open but is undergoing an extensive remodeling on both the exterior and interior. It doesn't make much sense as it is close to the York, PA supercharger. Would anyone be able to check the permits for this location(3200 Cape Horn RD), or keep any eye out for Tesla equipment?

Sheetz locations often don't have or need permits, sometimes superchargers are covered by Sheetz existing business permit. They often fly under the radar for this reason and bc Tesla doesn't announce them.

I agree Red lion makes no sense, unless Sheetz is just putting in superchargers at all new locations, which I doubt.

Sheetz locations often don't have or need permits, sometimes superchargers are covered by Sheetz existing business permit. They often fly under the radar for this reason and bc Tesla doesn't announce them.

I agree Red lion makes no sense, unless Sheetz is just putting in superchargers at all new locations, which I doubt.

Interesting. I’m surprised they don’t work with say chargepoint for some level 2 and D/C fast charging stations as well. They would definitely be ahead of the game.

Interesting. I’m surprised they don’t work with say chargepoint for some level 2 and D/C fast charging stations as well. They would definitely be ahead of the game.

There are a few non-network CCS and Chademos at Sheetz. Most installed before Sheetz joined forces with Tesla and Electrify America. Examples: Altoona, State College. They're on plugshare.

Level 2 charging stations don't make any sense in gas stations and rest stops. You need to park for hours to get any meaningful charge with level 2. Are you going to sit in a convenience store for hours?

I agree but for a Leaf driver who's stuck, a L2 charger is better than a wall outlet.

I agree, without good amenities Level 2 kind of sucks unless in an emergency at a gas station. However a lot the Sheetz here in Lancaster have nice places inside and out to eat a meal and hang out. I personally work from my car and an hour sitting inside eating and working from a laptop to gain 25-30ish miles helps a lot.

I've done some searching at Sheetz and Wawa locations which would make sense:
Sheetz in Bethel (I-78) : No sighting
Sheetz in Shillington: No sighting
Wawa in Hamburg (I-78 and 61): No sighting
Sheetz in Shoemakersville (I-78ish): No sighting
All of Swartzville/Adamstown: No sighting
Sheetz in Ephrata (turnpike-ish and 222): No sighting

Anybody checked out Sheetz in Morgantown?

Charged up in Mo'town not too long ago. 8 stalls at a sheetz right off 68 and 79. Pretty convenient when topping off before heading back to Pittsburgh.

Adding on to everyone else's comments of Gettysburg, I am surprised that the new Sheetz that opened up at 94 and 30 in New Oxford a while ago did not have any chargers installed.

Will be in Lancaster this weekend so hopefully will be able to check out the new digs.

They were installing the meter today.

Attachments

• 7A9360B8-9687-4D74-985B-3008743E354F.jpeg
    7A9360B8-9687-4D74-985B-3008743E354F.jpeg
    550.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 6A42756B-C28E-4E6B-936F-80A8EAB919B5.jpeg
    6A42756B-C28E-4E6B-936F-80A8EAB919B5.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 71