Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Altoona, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AltoonaSC.PNG

In addition to all the other locations popping up today, I noticed Altoona, PA was listed.

With the exact location still unknown, I'm going to guess this is going to be at a Sheetz, most likely 17th Street or near the corporate office on 764.

This will be a great addition for me, as I wasn't entirely thrilled with the Breezewood location and Somerset is too far out of the way. Bedford or Altoona would have been more suitable for me.

Anyone else have other possible guesses where it might go?

I have a Model 3 reservation and will be looking to be among the first deliveries (Long Range, most likely with PUP if that's still a requirement).

Reactions: Newscutter
View attachment 247042
With the exact location still unknown, I'm going to guess this is going to be at a Sheetz, most likely 17th Street....
Got it in 1.
h/t to reddit user angynate420: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/9r6vvc/going_in_my_home_town_altoona_pennsylvania_can/

S/he says in a comment in that post that it's location is the Super Sheetz off of the 17th street exit (from I-99).

1915 Pleasant Valley Blvd, Altoona, PA 16602

@BlueShift : +1 cone, please. (Really hoping you're able to find a workable solution to the Goog's information-highway robbery/extortion.:mad: I miss your wonderful map. But, thanks for keeping the rest of the site functionality up and running still!)

Attachments

• Altoona Supercharger.jpg
    Altoona Supercharger.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 102
Got it in 1.
h/t to reddit user angynate420: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/9r6vvc/going_in_my_home_town_altoona_pennsylvania_can/

S/he says in a comment in that post that it's location is the Super Sheetz off of the 17th street exit (from I-99).

1915 Pleasant Valley Blvd, Altoona, PA 16602

@BlueShift : +1 cone, please. (Really hoping you're able to find a workable solution to the Goog's information-highway robbery/extortion.:mad: I miss your wonderful map. But, thanks for keeping the rest of the site functionality up and running still!)
What with you @mociaf9? It’s only been a week you’re here and you’re posting like crazy! ❤️ it!

The new supercharger is definitely at the Super Sheetz at 17th St and Pleasant Valley Blvd. Looks like it may be done in the next week or 2 as the chargers are already in and it looks like they are just doing the electrical work - but the weather for next week is not going to be so good so this could slow things down. Not the most convenient location as this is the flagship store for the entire Sheetz network and is plenty busy. Looks like 7 stalls including 1 pull in just in case you have a trailer. It is in a corner of the lot that it least used and right next to the free air station so I would expect some of these charging stations will get ICED often. On weekends this is a popular hangout for teens. We know of 2 Model 3 owners and 2 Model S Owners in our area and the only other public chargers in our region are at a couple hotels for hotel guests and a pay charger at another Sheetz up the road. Again, not the best location if you are coming from I-99 you will have to make a left to get to the lot and there tends to be a lot of traffic here and the left turn signal is fairly short in duration so you will likely end up waiting a couple cycles to get into the lot. This is a great store however and has plenty of seating, free wifi and decent bathrooms. You don't get a lot of truck traffic but when one does foolishly pull in - they block up a lot of space. This location also has a drive thru and a car wash as well as tvs to watch in the eating areas. Plenty of outside picnic benches as well for nicer weather. We have been waiting for a year for this supercharger and knew it would be at a Sheetz since they went into an agreement with Tesla for multiple other PA sites. It only makes sense since Sheetz headquarters is here. I will report when I know it is definitely open.

The new supercharger is definitely at the Super Sheetz at 17th St and Pleasant Valley Blvd. Looks like it may be done in the next week or 2 as the chargers are already in and it looks like they are just doing the electrical work - but the weather for next week is not going to be so good so this could slow things down. Not the most convenient location as this is the flagship store for the entire Sheetz network and is plenty busy. Looks like 7 stalls including 1 pull in just in case you have a trailer. It is in a corner of the lot that it least used and right next to the free air station so I would expect some of these charging stations will get ICED often. On weekends this is a popular hangout for teens. We know of 2 Model 3 owners and 2 Model S Owners in our area and the only other public chargers in our region are at a couple hotels for hotel guests and a pay charger at another Sheetz up the road. Again, not the best location if you are coming from I-99 you will have to make a left to get to the lot and there tends to be a lot of traffic here and the left turn signal is fairly short in duration so you will likely end up waiting a couple cycles to get into the lot. This is a great store however and has plenty of seating, free wifi and decent bathrooms. You don't get a lot of truck traffic but when one does foolishly pull in - they block up a lot of space. This location also has a drive thru and a car wash as well as tvs to watch in the eating areas. Plenty of outside picnic benches as well for nicer weather. We have been waiting for a year for this supercharger and knew it would be at a Sheetz since they went into an agreement with Tesla for multiple other PA sites. It only makes sense since Sheetz headquarters is here. I will report when I know it is definitely open.
Paragraphs would be nice. I assume you’re a local despite your very discrete username:p

I can confirm what AltoonaPA wrote. I counted 7 stalls being installed at this Sheetz location. This was the most obvious Sheetz to install superchargers as it is essentially the largest in Altoona and its proximity to I-99. Looking forward to the completed project and charging when I stop in for coffee!

Is there still some debate about 7 versus 8 stalls here or has someone concluded exactly how many are being installed. Pictures don't give me enough views for a clear count.
For one, 4 cabinets means eight stalls

2 stalls near drive thru

EDB4E60B-8AF7-4EAC-94A4-407C5EC798ED.jpeg

2 stalls before blue line

E5E9E084-0356-4C78-AE99-00F8C0BE13FD.jpeg

4 stalls after blue line

D31A7E0F-8EC7-4498-B5C4-D2A097712FCF.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Probably 7 back in stalls and one pull-in stall that was missed during the initial count.

I see a car wash sign in the background. Those Sheetz in that region (e.g., Somerset) have a nice touchless car wash that is good for Teslas.