Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black headliner option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And their black alcantara headliner looks quite nice, IMO, judging from the design studio pictures. While I probably would have ordered that with my car if it were available, I think the point made earlier that the lighter headliner cover makes the car feel more open is a good one, and it would make me think twice if I were someone newly designing an order.

Went into the Topanga store for the first time today and they had the black suede headliner material on display. I think its a good option for people to have, but I prefer the lighter colored material. It makes the cabin feel more open. I have other cars with black interiors and headliners and they feel like caves. The guy at the store also said that he thinks all cars with a suede headliner are also being shipped with the center crossbar rapped in matching suede. I have been trying to get the Van Nuys service center to see if they can order me one for my car but no one there seems to know what I'm talking about.

Just e-mailed my DS to see if I can update my order for the black instead of the tan. Hopefully they can since I have not due for 3 weeks.

Update: Just got an e-mail back saying he put in the request so sounds like I should have it.

Last edited:
Oct.27 delivery date for me (found out today), I've asked to be switched to the black alcantara headliner as well.... lets see what happens, my advisor didn't sound too optimistic though, saying that tesla is pretty firm on no changes post the 2 week period. We'll see.

I was able to change mine to black today. I was told if i wanted the black headliner, I would also get the alcantara dash inserts. OK by me. I think the black headliner looks much nicer than the cream/tan with my gray leather. I am scheduled for delivery on 9/27, but who knows if that is a real date.

Thanks--that's definitely helpful from both of you.

*edit* I'm souring on the idea now because I see that the dash comes alcantara as well if you order the alcantara headliner. I don't want an alcantara dash at all (but I love the way the dark headliner looks). Decisions, decisions....

Is it the whole dashboard in alcantara, or just those two insert pieces?

Last edited:
Thanks--that's definitely helpful from both of you.

*edit* I'm souring on the idea now because I see that the dash comes alcantara as well if you order the alcantara headliner. I don't want an alcantara dash at all (but I love the way the dark headliner looks). Decisions, decisions....

Is it the whole dashboard in alcantara, or just those two insert pieces?

Just the inserts as I understand it. Still waiting to see a picture of the new Alcantara dash in the wild.