Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello inown a tesla 3 perofrmance 2019 old model. In the picture below are my stats i notice that this year i lost 30-50km in range related to last summer. Is this notmal what the stats says? As for now my full battery is 52-53kw plus some kw lost in cooling the car and driving. This was at 48% when was 100% charged

Attachments

• IMG_6700.jpeg
    IMG_6700.jpeg
    532.5 KB · Views: 90
I have no idea where you are getting that information from. It's not the picture that you posted. In that picture, the longest drive is 185 km. That's not enough to draw any conclusions from.
I don't know where you get this summer and last summer.

BUT, temperature, speed, wind, elevation change, and many other things impact range.

Also what model? Is it a 75 or 100? How do you know 100% SOC is 52 kW - that seems quite low for a 75. Are you using a CAN bus reader to get the values or is this some estimation (and how was the estimate done)? As ewoodrick points out, there are so many variables to driving, it makes it very hard to compare ranges between different times. If it were possible to hold everything identical, it would provide a good assessment of the difference, but this is usually impossible to do.

Also, some options reduce range while parked, such as sentry mode. If the car was parked for a while during your test, it could have a major effect (about 1 mile of range loss per hour).