Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot raised at PMQs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In other news, autonomous buses being trialled on a unique route in Scotland, so legislation will have to change at some point…which will no doubt exacerbate the debate on different manufacturers quality of autopilot

We already have the legislation.

What we have is the equivalent of a learner driver unable to pass the driving test because they are incompetent and then blaming it on the regulations.

Reactions: Zilla91
I think AP gets a lot of flak, some rightly deserved (phantom braking etc) but in the last 3 years I've seen an improvement - slow, yes but most of the time I can overtake a lorry without the car panicking now, yes there is the odd occasion that I've had a little jump to take back control but it is a breeze to drive for standard commute (1 hour each way) or for longer drives (South Yorkshire to Southampton did not feel as knackered as I would usually). I do only use AP on motorways though as I know it's not been designed for our quaint road infrastructure.

This past week I've been driving Mrs F's Mazda CX-30 as the battery keeps dying on it as we're not wanting to use it as much due to the cost per drive compared to the M3 and I am done in, the CX-30 had a good radar cruise control but no lane keep assist so (first world problems here) it seemingly takes more effort to drive it (not to mention it's a manual so my left leg doesn't know what's hit it this week!) I'm relishing going back to the M3 ASAP.

In relation to that SNP guy - Yawn, nothing's gonna happen, more cars are going on the market with similar technology and they will get smarter and this is the future of motoring (I highly doubt that drivers will be removed altogether) I wouldn't put it past an MP to do something like this to get a kick back from the motor companies to keep quiet!!