Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to recall 2million cars in USA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has nobody discussed this yet? It was on national UK news today.
It currently only affects US cars with Autosteer but will this come to UK/EU if it's a safety concern?
The gist of it is that it will be a software update to tighten up potential inattention whilst using Autosteer.
The text from National Highway reads "After the recall, Teslas with Autosteer turned on will more routinely check on the driver’s attention level – and may disengage the feature – when the software determines the driver isn’t paying attention, when the car is approaching traffic controls, or when it’s off the highway when Autosteer alone isn’t sufficient to drive the car."
The CNN article is here https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/13/tech/tesla-recall-autopilot/index.html
It might be a real downgrade to AP it was restricted only to certain major road systems.
(This is my first thread so please be gentle with me)

Has nobody discussed this yet?

Its discussed on TMC in this 9+ page thread on TMC on the topic, in the autopilot and FSD subforum that focuses on those topics (autopilot and fsd)

Reactions: ionsphere
Sorry. I only searched UK forum to see if there was any reaction or thoughts. The main forum thread hasn't mentioned Europe.
I have only had my MS for a few months but really enjoy it's AP1 and would be disappointed to see it updated as described in the US announcement. I was wondering if this type of recall generally crosses the Atlantic.

Reactions: ionsphere
Status
Not open for further replies.