Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic closing of doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I sat in a Model S and pressed the brake pedal and it closed the door for me. I thought it was super fancy. I liked it a lot!

Do all Model S have this feature? I saw a video online but it had the yoke thing so it was probably the most high end version they have. But I mean, does a 2016-2018 have this, too? Or do they need Premium Interior option or something?

Thanks! Byebye!

It must be a 2021+ feature, because 2020 and older S do not have this.
AFAIK no Model S has this unless you do it aftermarket (as some Model 3/Y owners do). The Model X is the only model that has the auto open and auto close doors. I think they added that since at the time they had the side ultrasonic sensors for the falcon wing doors, so it made some sense to use them for front doors also.

AFAIK no Model S has this unless you do it aftermarket (as some Model 3/Y owners do). The Model X is the only model that has the auto open and auto close doors. I think they added that since at the time they had the side ultrasonic sensors for the falcon wing doors, so it made some sense to use them for front doors also.
Did more reading and this is correct.

Reactions: Mōdel K