Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto high beams still comically bad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a fellow motorist in CA where there are a lot of 3's and Y's, there is definitely something wrong with the auto high beam implementation. Large percentage of 3/Y's running with high beams on crowded freeways. I don't know if there's any feedback mechanism to report bugs like this (I'm not a tesla owner myself) but it's dangerous for everyone else out there.
Nope. thats just people who need to adjust their headlights down 2 notches. All new SW versions beta and non beta, have vastly improved auto high beams. unless youre seeing them flashing at you. which doesnt happen.

Nope. thats just people who need to adjust their headlights down 2 notches. All new SW versions beta and non beta, have vastly improved auto high beams. unless youre seeing them flashing at you. which doesnt happen.
Yup this is more likely.

I haven't had mine kick high beam to any car for a very long time now. I haven't received any flashes from incoming cars either, which used to happen until that update came which fixed the auto high beam issue.

Reactions: M109Rider
I was getting flashed by oncoming cars often with extra weight in the rear trunk. Adjusted headlights down 6 clicks, all good now.
Our 2022 model Y with conventional headlamps has seem OK for aiming without adjustment. But our 2023 model 3 with the matrix lights arrived aimed so low that we thought it unsafe to drive on our neighborhood streets (not street lights, very little light spill from houses, slight non-flatness giving the headlight a problem seeing what is past the current dip bottom. I forget how many clicks up in total I adjusted them, but it is about 12. Now I can drive in the neighborhood, and I don't get complaint flashes from other cars.

I just recently picked up my 18 M3P, And I live in Northern Arizona where there are zero street lights. Tonight I was traveling from Flagstaff back to my place about 70 mi south, on a dark country road, and the auto headlamps were running with autopilot and they were dismally bad. I don't think the high beams stayed on for more than two or three minutes at a time, more often flashing between high and low a couple of times a minute. I want this to work so badly, but it doesn't look very promising anytime in the near future! I can only guess that it's the road markers that are reflective on the side of the road that are throwing it out.