Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper and high beam issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 Model Y LR running 2022.44.30

Whenever cruise control is engaged the wipers will NOT shut off. Even when pressing the off button on the display they stay on. If I turn cruise control off then turn the wipers off they will then stay off. If I engage cruise again and if the wipers come on there is then no way to turn them off again, they stay on.

Second issue. Every time I engage autopilot it turns auto high beams on. I always manually turn off auto high beams by pressing the turn signal stalk forward and the high beam icon turns off but as soon as I engage autopilot the auto high beams turns on again.

Anyone else having these issues?

Reactions: Boza and Scubamikey
2023 Model Y LR running 2022.44.30

Whenever cruise control is engaged the wipers will NOT shut off. Even when pressing the off button on the display they stay on. If I turn cruise control off then turn the wipers off they will then stay off. If I engage cruise again and if the wipers come on there is then no way to turn them off again, they stay on.

Second issue. Every time I engage autopilot it turns auto high beams on. I always manually turn off auto high beams by pressing the turn signal stalk forward and the high beam icon turns off but as soon as I engage autopilot the auto high beams turns on again.

Anyone else having these issues?
I believe that engagement of auto-wipers and auto-beams are now standard when TACC and autosteer are engaged (cannot turn it off).

I found that cleaning my windshield and cameras helped to stop the auto-wipers from thinking there was rain on the glass. Sometimes this would also help with the auto high beams, sometimes not.

Same issue 2023 Y. Service tech said they are aware of this issue and should be resolved in a software update in the future.
This just happened to me last night. Turned on my cruise control and my wipers went crazy - at full speed. My windshield was bone dry and clean. Very distracting to have to fuddle with the wiper control (only for it to have no effect). I had to exit cruise control to get the wipers to stop. Downright dangerous.

I tried using cruise control a second time a few minutes later just to see if it was a strange fluke. Same crazy thing happened. So I couldn't use cruise control on my 1 1/2 hour highway drive home. Not the end of the world, but frustrating. Yet another basic feature I can't expect to work reliably on my 1-yr-old MYLR.

I’m having same problem my 2023 model Y. If i turn on auto pilot wipers come on and stay on. Beautiful sunny day and my wipers will be swiping nonstop. Tesla said wipers are on beta to suck it up. Not sure what to do about it either don’t use AP or burn up wipers.

Reactions: MdlYYY
Automatic wipers can now be set to OFF since 2023.44.30.8, even on AP, according to this article from Not a Tesla App:
Automatic windshield wipers can now be turned off, even while Autopilot or FSD Beta is enabled.

Previously, you could change the time interval between wipes, but you could not turn off the wipers completely.
Didn't have a chance to test it yet but if this is confirmed, this will clearly be the most exciting "feature" of the holiday update, at least for me! 🍾