Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y main beam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still in my first few weeks of my model Y but have an issue with the main beam and wondered if it was normal
I have switched off auto high beam, and when driving on the country lanes around my house, I try to put on the high beam by pushing forward the stalk.
However it doesn't always work. Sometimes they come on, sometimes they don't , feels like the stalk doesn't always engage properly

Anyone else have this

About a year ago they were utterly terrible but being only a few weeks old, you should have surpassed that software version.

When you are pushing the stalk forwards, are you getting the auto beam symbol on the screen? (It then goes blue when the high beams activate) If not, then you probably have an issue with the stalk like you suggest. If not, it’s probably just a Teslaism….

IMG_6539.jpeg

About a year ago they were utterly terrible but being only a few weeks old, you should have surpassed that software version.

When you are pushing the stalk forwards, are you getting the auto beam symbol on the screen? (It then goes blue when the high beams activate) If not, then you probably have an issue with the stalk like you suggest. If not, it’s probably just a Teslaism….

View attachment 980455
That is a very old lhd screen shot. The icon is right but not the location

I am still in my first few weeks of my model Y but have an issue with the main beam and wondered if it was normal
I have switched off auto high beam, and when driving on the country lanes around my house, I try to put on the high beam by pushing forward the stalk.
However it doesn't always work. Sometimes they come on, sometimes they don't , feels like the stalk doesn't always engage properly

Anyone else have this
If you have auto high beam enabled. Pushing the stalk only engages or disengages. AUTO high beam so if auto does not think high beam shoukd be engaged they do not engage. If you have disabled it as you say then it sounds like a hardware issue.

As far as I’m aware pushing the stalk forward on a Model Y does not turn high beam on or off, it turns auto high beam on and off. For high beam manual override you need to pull back on the stalk and hold it there.

What you were likely seeing is when you turned auto high beam on with a push away sometimes the conditions were right for the high beam to be activated.