Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I am visiting from the Model 3 waiting room.

We are hoping there is some space left over on Paganella for some model 3s but reading here it sounds like everyone who has a car on that ship has already been told. Is that actually the case or only the poor GC people?

MC en route to PK! Great news :)

Have any BNE customers had their EDD updated as a result of yesterday's activity?

I'm SYD, EDD Feb 1 - 22
Same EDD as you. I'm not expecting it to change yet. Unloading at PK starts 19/1 and is supposed to finish at 23:00 on 21/1. That implies a lot of cars to be processed and moved to Sydney. Could be a week before they know what's what.

My concern now, is that with so many cars, the pre-delivery process could get a bit rushed. Just triple check every inch of the car when you do the pick up. With this much workload, they absolutely will miss things. eg. minor panel and paint damage while in transit.

Attachments

• IMG_3723.jpeg
    IMG_3723.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 26
Well I just got the depressing call from Tesla, they claim the car (MYP) is in Shangahi on the Glovis Caravel and they are awaiting further advice from Tesla. Apparently the plant in Shanghai produces only a very small amount of MYP so they (Tesla) are working hard to reallocate another VIN from other stock.

They also claim that my car has 38% charge and that the warranty would look after any issues with the battery 8years 192000km >30% deg. I assume if it drops <20% they would surely top up the charge?
I checked vessel finder and Glovis Caravel is enroute to the US now having now left South Korea.
This means the car must have been off loaded in Shanghai one would assume waiting for another ship and one would also assume that they cannot summon up a car carrier magically so for now Tesla is sticking with a delivery date which covers nearly all of February Yeah right! I still maintain that I would be lucky to get my car by Easter. We will see.

Sorry for the long post I hope the Morning Crystal orders get delivered to their owners soon!

Reactions: Tony Soprano