Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like such a long time ago when it all started.

View attachment 1038410
I think we can mostly all agree that my concerns were unfounded.
I only have a few pubes stuck in my ventilated seats but it’s hardly worth looking closely at.

(Scrolls up to see what thread we are in)

Pin to open glovebox.
Does anyone use it? I can see it being useful to protect the usb drive (or if I buy a really expensive pair of gloves to store in there, but not sure if they actually exist) but does anyone here use it in real life? (Pin to open glove box); or have a good lead on pin worthy gloves/mittens

I think we can mostly all agree that my concerns were unfounded.
I only have a few pubes stuck in my ventilated seats but it’s hardly worth looking closely at.

(Scrolls up to see what thread we are in)

Pin to open glovebox.
Does anyone use it? I can see it being useful to protect the usb drive (or if I buy a really expensive pair of gloves to store in there, but not sure if they actually exist) but does anyone here use it in real life? (Pin to open glove box); or have a good lead on pin worthy gloves/mittens
I have pin set up for glovebox and drive.

Reactions: dronus
@dronus / @e-enthusiast30 thanks for sharing pics. It's now clear that the foam is means to be visible and mine is not so, the centre tab hasn't been popped into the hole properly.

Do I have permission to use your pics when I raise a service call?

Also, managed to access the service manual for our car and this page explains how to remove/install the shelf: | Tesla

There is a video near the bottom of the web page above, where it shows how to slide the shelf into place, and have those tabs push slide into the respective holes.
By all means use it as freely as you like (thanks for asking).

Reactions: edy80y
Could probably cut the child seat tether out with some bolt cutters so your tag fits in perfectly. As long as what’s left of it is “easily accessible without tools” it’s prob lay still compliant haha
Just kidding

I see the foam on mine too, at night there is a faint light bleed when the brakes are on but it’s minuscule and I don’t mind it, esp when rolling down big hills doing regen
Haha, it's crossed my mind, doing some home DIY renos on it, but not worth it for just a toll-tag. You can't generally see it ajar due to the middle headrest being in the way.

I never noticed the light bleed but next time I'm driving at night, I'll have a look.

Haha, it's crossed my mind, doing some home DIY renos on it, but not worth it for just a toll-tag. You can't generally see it ajar due to the middle headrest being in the way.

I never noticed the light bleed but next time I'm driving at night, I'll have a look.
Yeah I was completely joking.

We don’t have toll roads in SA so we don’t have that issue. I do however get a lot of sms with really disgraceful grammar letting me know my linkt or something toll pass is expiring. I keep sending them my credit card details just as they request but the sms keep coming from different numbers.
Jk

Ok, finally got the video up, I've posted the link in the roadtrip thread.

Relevant to the conversation here, I did some demo's of the auto lane change along with some of the AP/FSD issues such as 'phantom braking' ie slight slow down and the lane change bailout.
Awesome, and it answered all the questions I’d asked haha after you posted it haha I should have watched it first!

Yeah I was completely joking.

We don’t have toll roads in SA so we don’t have that issue. I do however get a lot of sms with really disgraceful grammar letting me know my linkt or something toll pass is expiring. I keep sending them my credit card details just as they request but the sms keep coming from different numbers.
Jk
Haha, how bad are they! Sometimes I wonder whether Linkt might have some security holes in their systems as when I came back from Newcastle earlier this week I got 3 phishing messages in the space of 24 hours.. coincidence?

Lucky SA doesn't have toll roads.. It cost me $24.25 for a one-way trip to bypass the Sydney rat race the other day

Haha, how bad are they! Sometimes I wonder whether Linkt might have some security holes in their systems as when I came back from Newcastle earlier this week I got 3 phishing messages in the space of 24 hours.. coincidence?

Lucky SA doesn't have toll roads.. It cost me $24.25 for a one-way trip to bypass the Sydney rat race the other day
We are slowly getting most of our roads to double lane and removing all the horse watering stations. Yep no toll roads, thank goodness.

They just finished refinishing most of south road at Edwardstown just in time for them to rip it all back up again and do the tunnels etc.

You can tell when we about to waste a lot of money on roads and mess up the arterial traffic when they spend slightly less fixing the original problem half assed, then you know the second pineapple is on its way.

Desensitise you to really bad traffic so when the road gets shut down they say “well, you should be used to it by now…”
Years later…

The left lane of the Darlington underpass was closed AGAIN indefinitely while they fix the spray on concrete that’s failing and rolling chunks onto the road. Luckily we used Victorian contractors.

But it is.
Why would you pay these highway robbing rates every other part of the day, especially if you are not home to use the free power?

That’s worse than AGL normal plans.

And if you select non green power the rates are lower, but isn’t their whole pitch about being green?

IMG_0149.jpeg

Reactions: Jules22