Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Highland UK - stalks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think 10cm is a small distance from the curb and more than fine for it to be warning you to stop.
You obviously don’t park on tight streets or parking spaces and that’s fine. I don’t expect someone driving a Lotus Eletre that’s the size of a jumbo jet to appreciate trying to be courteous and not take up a lot of space on the road.

We’ll agree to disagree on the 10 cms

Last edited:
You obviously don’t park on tight streets or parking spaces and that’s fine. I don’t expect someone driving a Lotus Eletre that’s the size of a jumbo jet to appreciate trying to be courteous and not take up a lot of space on the road.

I'm not saying don't park closer to the curb or disagreeing with that. I just think for a global car maker that telling you to stop at 10cm is plenty close enough. Your free to ignore it but don't see the harm in it warning you that your close.

I'm not saying don't park closer to the curb or disagreeing with that. I just think for a global car maker that telling you to stop at 10cm is plenty close enough. Your free to ignore it but don't see the harm in it warning you that your close.

Specially when you consider that 50cm is legally the furthest away you can be which is bonkers imho.

I've been parallel parking to kerbs for several months using the latest (ie working) iteration of Tesla Vision. The red kerb warning area on the screen image happens about 4" (100mm) out and using the dipped side mirrors I get to about 1" away (25mm). I can honestly say that this is easier/faster to achieve than when I relied on USS/mirrors on my Model 3. This is because the screen image accurately shows straightness to the edge whereas with USS it wasn't there so I had to be much more precise in aligning using a mirror.

I think you’re misunderstanding me, it’s bonging to say stop, not to give an audible warning that you’re getting closer.

It should be telling you to stop if you’re about to hit the kerb, not when there’s more than 10cm between your wheels and the kerb.

Just went back to collect my car after the service and I take back the comment about the SR having enough power, 1 minute back in my car and I’ve returned to thinking you can never have too much horsepower 😏

I stand by the steering comment. I said a while back a RWD M3P would be an amazing car.
An RWD M3P would be rather too tail happy for most, but great fun ;) Unfortunately it would probably end up being even more expensive to insure.

An RWD M3P would be rather too tail happy for most, but great fun ;) Unfortunately it would probably end up being even more expensive to insure.
You can get this in Track Mode though by just shifting all the power to the rear motor. Obviously it's not quite as powerful then as both motors working together but probably could be around 400hp to the rears in the Ludicrous which will be more than enough to get yourself in trouble if you want to ;)