Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Audi EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Audi e-tron scooped

The silent supercar revolution is here! A production prototype of Audi’s e-tron has been spied testing in Germany just weeks before Mercedes-Benz’s AMG division launches its electric SLS.

The two German powerhouses are in a race to dominate the electric supercar world, and snapped testing not far from home in Bavaria, this mule is as notable for what it doesn't have as what it does.

car_photo_375394_25.jpg

Audi-A1-e-tron-FT.jpg

The lithium ion battery pack has a capacity of 12 kilowatt-hours and sits under the back seats ahead of the Wankel engine. When fully charged the batteries will power the A1 e-tron for about 30 miles before the range-extender Wankel cuts in to charge the batteries and extend the range. Audi say the additional range is only 124 miles, which seems odd. Until you realise that the A1 e-tron has a fuel tank of only a couple of gallons (well, 2.6 to be precise).

Interesting. Such a small fuel tank makes sense if you only use the range extender for that occasional extra little bit. No reason to waste that space lugging around stale fuel. Might be annoying to have to stop so frequently on a road trip, though.

Right ...

Audi say the additional range is only 124 miles

Might be annoying to have to stop so frequently on a road trip, though.

Right now I'm not even sure if the car is already driving, if they come up with a "real"- Version, might be better with a bigger Batterie and/or fuel tank .....

Report: Electric Audi A1 won't be produced - ABG

no big surprise, "Vorsprung durch Technik" doesn't count anymore .... "Yes we can ..... but we don't want ......"

Additionally, there seems to be some issues with the A1's platform and its ability to house all the necessary EV components.

Audi didn't took the change to redesign the platform, cause they need first a smaller "city car" to buy time
for the EU-marketplace

meenwhile the "survive" with the rising sales on Asian / US / India marketplace, while "alien" :) companies serving
the EU/German EV- Hybrid marketplace........

The new A2 might be the next chance...... 2016++

Last edited:
Audi seems to be blowing hot and cold recently. Depending on who you believe, both the R8 and R4 etrons are and then are not going to be produced.

They are producing pre-production hybrids, but at Le Mans they say they don't want hybrid racers in the regulations as it "doesn't fit their marketing strategy".

If BMW produce the Megacity, Audi will be right on their coattails.

To my surprise, both R4 and R8 e-trons were present at Goodwood yesterday. I never expected to see the "R4" car, given that it was only displayed at the Detroit show previously.

Am I speaking out of turn here to say that it is absolutely gorgeous? Photos do not do it justice. I practically got down on one knee and begged the girl from Audi to make sure it got produced.

R4

4761579524_675c52c1b3.jpg

4760951515_3fcbc4cbb9.jpg

4760953877_d91df558cd.jpg

4761580148_093cb090e2.jpg

4760949937_f679d8bea6.jpg

4761064977_09bf9bdfd5.jpg

R8

4761654488_68a36d539c.jpg

4760973827_42598ef574.jpg

4761604704_cb284460b2.jpg

4761009257_d6b3829fec.jpg
Damned trees...

I always thought it looked very appealing in pictures, so if you say it is better in person we can only hope they produce it.

What did you think of the interior? I felt like it was a bit lacking compared to the exterior.