Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Audi EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Audi builds smallest electric car yet

car_photo_418654_7.jpg

Kinda beats the Tesla r/c car.

To me it looks like pittyfull range and not too good performance either. Not to mention a general trend with OEM and range. They don't seem to know how to predict it realistically or how to create a decent range for an EV. Look at the MiEV which in contrast to Think gets it's range slashed down to 40-50% during proper winters, when the Think with Zebra batteries looses about 10%. Same with the Roadster compared to the Leaf. The Leaf can't really calculate range while the Roadster seems to hit it every time.
So in essence when Audi says 90 miles they probably mean around 50 miles during winter time and that is just too short for my use, and for most others too I suppose.

Cobos

Hopeless range. Look at the size of it, they could fit a much bigger battery in there if they wanted. It's an Audi, they're expensive anyway, prospective Audi buyers won't mind paying for range.

Exactly. I don't foresee myself maintaining an Audi garage once the EV race is fully on. Every entry they've shown so far is lacking -- but then again, that's typical. None of our cars have bluetooth audio yet cheap sedans do?

Depending on how much of the pack they actually use it could get over 100 miles at 250 wh/mi. They may simply be more realistic with their range figure than most. Unless you do an EV from scratch it's going to be hard to fit much more than 100 miles worth of batteries in your average vehicle.