Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just joined the forum. I've been speaking with Tesla in Milford, CT. I'm a bit of a Tesla newbie, but I went to test drive a Model Y last week and was blown away. When I asked about the Model Y with updated headlights the guy said all 2021 Model Y's have the new headlights including those that were on the showroom floor. I don't think this is true and the guy was just misinformed. Any thoughts on this?

I am waiting as well to order my reserved Model Y. I did get confirmation from the partner I'm working with in Bellevue that the Ys now have the one-piece casting, and have seen a few new YouTube vids confirming the heated steering wheel in the wild. I'm waiting for the upgraded filtration system.

Tesla is probably aware that people like us are waiting on these changes. Their current demand is probably high enough (SR was just released) that they don't need to release these features yet.

The single piece casting doesn't mean much to me as a customer, but I'll be happy to have it. Is it lighter, stronger, better handling, less vibration?

Reactions: Sittingduck63
So, if you get a Model Y with the new headlights I’m assuming you get the heated steering wheel and double pane glass, correct?

Also, are we assuming that the new headlight cars may come with the revised center console that is now appearing in Model Ys in China?

Reactions: TesMY