Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2013 Tesla Model S - Front end damage!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Tesla Model S - Front end damage!!!

my wife is driving my 2013 Tesla model S and hit a deer. My left driver side headlight is damaged. My radiator support bar is cracked and my AC condenser fan is busted. Tesla wants to charge me $18,000 to replace the radiator support bar, the AC condenser fan the headlight and the bumper. The collision center told me that they could repair it for $14,000.

Insurance: no full coverage. only liability no comprehensive coverage.

One of the guys at the collision center told me how simple it was to replace it myself or less than $2000 so I begin to watch YouTube videos on the repair difficulty which appears to be less complex than I initially thought. And cost of the parts is less than $1500.

I searched eBay and found a
radiator support bar: $500
AC condenser fan: $300
Front bumper: $400
Headlight: $200

Any advice to give. many of you guys here in the form sound very experienced and know your stuff. I’m new to this. Any guidance would be helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0547.jpeg
    796.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    486.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0545.jpeg
    IMG_0545.jpeg
    723.9 KB · Views: 4
Check prices at Tesla thru ur app, i found that a lot of parts, esp plastic, are much cheaper at Tesla vs eBay...
Ur bumper might be salvageable (hard to tell by pics) but there's companies that will fix the bumper cover, might be cheaper than used
Replacing front support is tedious but straight forward.
Look up all the assembly/disassembly steps on service.tesla.com
Test things before final assembly as much as u can so u don't end up doing it twice
Welcome to DIY 😅

It is more of an advaced Lego than working on a car... basic steps, taking things apart, sort what parts you need, get them online, make them fit, painted, done... lot of plastics (cooler tray, fins, louvers, tow cover), blade motors, bumper harness are on AliExpress too...