Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadians receive the update V7 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Agreed on the date display. I liked having it there.
2. Are the tire pressures available from the sensors? Some have said that the sensors in the earlier cars provide only "ok"/"not ok". Some have said that they've seen tire pressure info on a diagnostic service screen. Which is correct?

Pressure info has been seen on service screen by pretty much all car generations...but the hardware changed at some point and only a later version of the hardware is able to display proper pressure in the widget...
Now defining 'recent' is the not so obvious part here with Tesla make constant upgrade on the assembly line!
So if you've driven some time and the pressure is still not displaying in the widget...you're likely part of the older hardware group.:crying:

3. I think I figured out the rationale for moving the P R N D indication. It's now in line with the stalk for selecting the "drive mode". So maybe for those new to the car this will make more sense. Much like they changed the turn signal stalk on newer cars - makes much more sense, but initially causes confusion when coming from one of the older cars.

On the AP version, it had to be moved because the middle is taken over by the toy-car and all of the AP sensors displays, so I believe they just kept it consistent across all versions of software, i.e. putting P R N D on the right hand side fitted all cars...
Now I've already been hunting it a couple of times while doing parking maneuvers to discover it's hidden by the steering wheel, so not so thrilled by this change either.
I hope my brain will adjust!

Well, there's that! This was just a screen grab from another post about a guy who hypermiled his way to 550 miles on one charge. It made me sad to see the old dash compared to what I have now.
I am still waiting for 7 - I thought everyone was supposed to be updated within 5 days? And my car is on wifi for at least 12 hours every night.

Personally, I don't like it. I got mine last Friday and the thing that bothers me the most is when in NAV mode, the lane indication icon when active, covers the charge icon in the lower left of the dashboard. Dumb!
I have to press the charge icon on the Macbook Pro 17" screen to see how much charge I have left. What idiot at Tesla came up with this?
I don't like the buttons either. Too plain. Looks like IOS 9 on an Apple Device.
I also was looking for larger phone buttons on the screen so when dialing and driving, one doesn't make a mistake.
This should have been a priority for safety reasons.
Haven't you seen the several large threads on this?

the thing that bothers me the most is when in NAV mode, the lane indication icon when active, covers the charge icon in the lower left of the dashboard. Dumb!
I have to press the charge icon on the Macbook Pro 17" screen to see how much charge I have left. What idiot at Tesla came up with this?
The nav lane change graphic is only present for a few seconds -- occasionally -- when nav is running. I do not understand the urgency to see the battery charge icon on the drivers display during those brief period. And when you have nav running, the trip planner will tell you if and when and where you need to stop and charge.
And the Model S center display touchscreen is not a "Macbook Pro 17" screen". I don't know where you got that idea, but it is incorrect. Those two screens are completely different. In case you haven't heard, Tesla does not buy parts from Apple.

Have spent an hour with 7. Some things are definitely better but the overall look is a little off. Leaving out the vertical markers on the Wh/km is a mistake. But I didn't need both digital clocks, nor the date. (The clock I prefer is very different, so I'll never look at the new one they've supplied. I wish I could replace it with my own, which I can bring up in the browser, but that shows California time, of course.) I can scarcely see the brake lights going on on the toy car. Maybe they're supposed to be unobtrusive.

Although I can probably live with the rest, I have to examine it more. (Drove off today with 7 installed and had to wait 30 minutes for the 3G to even show up. I'm switching to LTE tomorrow…)

I sympathize with those who are disappointed in 7, even if I don't use some of the things they're disappointed about. Seems this was an update for the autopilot folks. The changes for the rest of us are a mixed lot, AFAIK.

After just receiving my car I had to talk to service for an unrelated thing anyway (car config didn't match what was promised, but they're making it right) While I was talking with them I asked about V7, a couple hours later it was installed and ready to go.
So far I like it, I think they made horrible mistakes in removing functionality from both displays, but I can live with it, and the autopilot is quite neat. (I also prefer skumorphic to flat, but that part is neither here nor there, it's the functionality that they shouldn't have removed)

I wasn't able to get autopark to work, but that seems to be a common issue, and there are already many threads about it. I also didn't have all the problems others have talked about with the car trying to automatically take exits, I wonder if that's because our exits all have lane markings across them?

One oddity I did notice though, and maybe it's adjustable somewhere, but the car status display showed my tire pressure in bar... I would prefer PSI, but I didn't see a setting for that, is it tied to km vs miles? I hope not!

Have spent an hour with 7. Some things are definitely better but the overall look is a little off.

While I still prefer the pre-7 look overall, I'm getting used to the 17" screen. The center dash is still bugging me significantly.

Although I can probably live with the rest, I have to examine it more. (Drove off today with 7 installed and had to wait 30 minutes for the 3G to even show up. I'm switching to LTE tomorrow…)

Sorry to hear that. Zero 3G issues for me. I continue to suspect it has at least something to do with 3G coverage in your area. Hopefully the LTE upgrade will help.