Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High voltage controller, BMS recalibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I recently had my 2023 MYLR serviced for what was diagnosed as a faulty high-voltage controller. I picked it up from the service center roughly 2 weeks ago and it's been driving great since. But I noticed on pickup the estimated range at 85% charge was only 111 miles, versus the roughly 260-264 miles I usually see. Based on general research while waiting for the repair to finish, I assumed this was likely due to the BMS needing recalibration. Before I left, I confirmed my suspicions with the staff via the app, which stated, 'Yes, the battery needs to recalibrate; that should take about a month.' Cool, good to know. I look at the battery percentage anyway, so I'll just move on. However, I soon found out the next day that the battery percentage would wildly fluctuate after driving home and letting the car deep sleep for the night, arriving at 53% with an estimated range of 73 miles. I woke up for work the next morning, and it was now at 77% estimated range of 89. With that, I decided not to charge it and drove it to work, then charged it to 100% (which had an estimated range of 143 miles) in hopes of driving it down to less than 10% to go through the standard recalibration process I read about all over the internet. As of yesterday, I had driven it down to 9%; a few hours later, it was at 19% after deep sleep. I said screw it, I needed it for work, so I just charged it to 70% to see if letting it sit at a different state of charge would help. Nope. Overall, this has become challenging to deal with when it comes to driving since the navigation thinks the battery can barely drive further than 60 miles without needing to supercharge. During the time of me driving from 100% charge, I just used the odometer and roughly calculated the true battery percentage based on the kWh and mileage since the last charge. All in all, I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations to possibly speed up this process, or am I just going to have to deal with this for two more weeks? Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

Examples of some of the swings of battery %:
(Total miles 249 driven)
84%/113
81%/109
79%/107
76%/103
77%/103
33%/44
57%/78 - after 7 hours asleep from 33%
51%/70
16%/24
35%/48 - after 7 hours asleep from 16%