Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadians receive the update V7 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it last night on a "Classic" early 2013 S85.

I decided to back our Tesla out of the (separate outbuilding) garage and park near the house to get better WIFI connectivity, and it hailed outside right when it was downloading, arg!

Then I took a two hour trip just to try it out.

1. The new climate control works far better than previously. Our experience used to be that setting interior to 22C would cause 22C air to blow. Now, if the car is much colder than 22C inside, hot air will blow until the cabin is 22C, big improvement!

2. The cruise control maintained speed in a way slightly less smooth than I had experienced previously. This may just be my imagination, but that was what my body was telling me.

3. Efficiency seemed perfectly good, no problems, averaged 21 kWh/100 km in rainy conditions with a lot of "acceleration" tests. ;-)

4. Very much like the new UI. I did miss the clock on the center display, but was able to figure out a good way of casually glancing over to the 17" from time to time.

5. I've never experienced any significant "lag" on the 17" display, but for sure, 7.0 is very snappy on the big screen, and the transitions are pleasing.

6. Tested J1772 charging at a Tim's in Oakville, no problems.

7. Decided to supercharge in TO on the way back and met up with "uber tesla mike", who offered interesting insights into the life of an uber driver.

8. The navigation looked smoother to me somehow, like the left hand center display was faded into the background of the display better.

Very pleased, I like the new UI.

Upgraded this morning in a parking lot while plugged in at a customer meeting. I have a Sig P85, and although no autopilot here, I like the new changes to the UI. Took me a bit to find the day of the week until I noticed it was embedded on the Calendar icon. :)

However, what I THINK I notice most is a difference in response in the car. It could be all in my head after reading something in the release notes about optimizing power to the P85 like they did in the P85D, but I felt at highway speeds that the car just responded quicker. Anyone else have a similar observation? It's awesome to think that a software update gave me ~30 more HP. :)

30 More HP??? The max my P85 got was 468 HP as measured by my PowerTools App. I look forward to the update so I can take it for a run and measure for sure if there is an increase.

Upgraded this morning in a parking lot while plugged in at a customer meeting. I have a Sig P85, and although no autopilot here, I like the new changes to the UI. Took me a bit to find the day of the week until I noticed it was embedded on the Calendar icon. :)

However, what I THINK I notice most is a difference in response in the car. It could be all in my head after reading something in the release notes about optimizing power to the P85 like they did in the P85D, but I felt at highway speeds that the car just responded quicker. Anyone else have a similar observation? It's awesome to think that a software update gave me ~30 more HP. :)

Yes, I got it this afternoon. It is AWFUL in my opinion. The UI looks like crap and no new functionality for my "classic" Model S. In fact, I've noticed a couple of useful things I used to rely on are now GONE.

Which things are those?

There is actually one amusing new bit of functionality in that the image of the car in the speedometer shows whether the brake lights are on. This is right beside the power meter, so it's easy to see at what point the brake lights turn on and off relative to the strength of regenerative braking. Kind of cool.

The new display threw me for a loop at first, but on the whole I like it. I do know what you mean, though - when they "upgrade" things that include aesthetics, some people are going to prefer the old aesthetic. Do they provide a whole bunch of different options, and all the increased possibility for errors that entails, or do they force everyone to accept the new? It's a classic problem with software.

Did a little more testing in Montreal on highway 40 and 640. I still think that sometimes the car goes way too much on the right side of the lane. Maybe i'm just crazy and paying too much attention to this while it's driving, more than i'm used to when I am driving without autosteer, but I still like it. You just need to pay really attention. The more than I think about it, I feel too close when it's a truck near me.

Got it yesterday on my classic S85.
No great changes. The quick lock feature is nice.
One comment that I don't think anyone noticed...Why does the new clock app show the time as "4:10 a.m." , and on the centre console they didn't change it.. it shows as "04:10 a.m." The preceding zero bugs me!

Please add your info to the Firmware Update Tracker: Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

There's a thread about it : Firmware Upgrade Tracker - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

[EDIT: my own update] And yes, my car had it downloaded yesterday morning when I got in it (strangely, no notification on my iPhone). I had the car update while at a volleyball tournament. It's good that the update worked and I could drive away from the tournament! I'm happy with the retained energy meter, I like the brake light indicator, don't really like a few little display changes, and probably don't even notice a whole bunch of the other changes. And of course the car is such a pleasure to drive, so I'd say situation normal, except just the fact we get these OTA updates is so much better than normal it's crazy.

Last edited:
Please add your info to the Firmware Update Tracker: Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

There's a thread about it : Firmware Upgrade Tracker - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

[EDIT: my own update] And yes, my car had it downloaded yesterday morning when I got in it (strangely, no notification on my iPhone). I had the car update while at a volleyball tournament. It's good that the update worked and I could drive away from the tournament! I'm happy with the retained energy meter, I like the brake light indicator, don't really like a few little display changes, and probably don't even notice a whole bunch of the other changes. And of course the car is such a pleasure to drive, so I'd say situation normal, except just the fact we get these OTA updates is so much better than normal it's crazy.

Yup..already added to the firmware tracker. Good reminder for everyone though.

Just returned from the Saturday Skyline Drive in Virginia. Used Lane keeping and Lane changing on I79 and I90. Works very well but be vigilant at turn offs from right lane which do not have right lane markings. Lane keeping tries to stay in the middle of left and right road lines and heads partially into the turn off.

I'm still playing with my brother's AP-enabled car for the week (mine is a classic with no AP hardware).

This morning it was cold-soaked at -8C. The AP hardware didn't want to kick in until 10 minutes into the drive -- just a data point.

The other thing I noticed which is a bit frustrating is that since the power meter is gone, I had no way of knowing that regen was disabled. Yes, experience could have told me, but I had forgotten. I guess I relied on the dotted orange line on the power meter. They really should find a way to get that info to the main screen on AP cars.