Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension no longer lowers at highway speeds (FW update v5.8)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which, for those of us with the Type A battery, would probably be the 90kW supercharging limitation. Still not sure which one I'm more upset about right now.

Oh, I'm absolutely way more upset about my A battery it's not even close. Although, I do understand the concerns raised by others in this thread. The fact remains that communication from TM needs significant improvement.

Oh, I'm absolutely way more upset about my A battery it's not even close. Although, I do understand the concerns raised by others in this thread. The fact remains that communication from TM needs significant improvement.

You're probably right. The thing is that the air suspension is something that is used everyday and that we specifically paid for, while the supercharging limitation is something that doesn't effect me on a day to day basis. I still absolutely think that Tesla needs to do something for those with 'A' packs (especially those that got them in the 5000+ VIN range where there were people before who got 'B' packs). But, I am trying to be patient.

This feature will be restored with the ability to select the speed at which it lowers very SOON.

Ok. This looks official. I will put it on my stack of "inside information" printouts, March stack. Sounds pretty authoritative. I like that SOON was in all caps. That is encouraging! Even though it looks like "grasshopper" may be disappointed that soon may not mean soon. :wink: Gotta keep a sense of humor on this one!

It still would be most proper business for Elon to formally address the problem concerning, as tenstringer009 pointed out, "something used every day that we paid (extra) for". And as apacheguy points out Tesla has problems communicating. IMHO this is not a minor failing to be swept under the rug. But still.........a great car.

I apologize in advance because usually when I have resurrected this thread it is to announce a new development or a new communication from Tesla. This time that is not the case. I was told 3 weeks + 1 day ago that Smart Air Suspension would be back"...definitely within 3 weeks" and that it would be even better than before. Alas, yet another promised Tesla deadline has proven to be yet another dead line! I am beginning to wonder why I have been so stupidly gullible??? Every time they tell me something so convincingly I believe it.

Ahh you just beat me to it. :) Can we close this thread now?

No. We will unfortunately have three weeks of "I can't believe I don't have the update yet. Why is Tesla taking so long? Tesla doesn't care about its customers! This car sucks, it's a deal-breaker. Tesla sucks because they can't get me my release, right now! I can't believe they don't just rush it out to every single car today, it would be absolutely simple, I'm a software engineer and I know!"

Only when every car is on v5.9 will this stop. :)

Despite what FlasherZ says, I will state I am very grateful to Tesla for finally returning what they should have never taken away.
Tesla Update.jpg

For those who need a picture to prove what they will soon get, I have attached one here.