Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85D tire wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are people's tires holding up. I have a little of 20k miles on my 85D, delivered March 2015, and my tires are getting low. I'm on 19s with the Michelin Primacy tires. Fronts are around 3/32 and rears are a little more than 4/32. I'm leasing so would rather not spend this money, but don't think I am going to be able to get through the colorado winter. I am looking at Continental Extremecontact DWS, as the tread pattern looks a little more aggressive to handle snow.

How are people's tires holding up. I have a little of 20k miles on my 85D, delivered March 2015, and my tires are getting low. I'm on 19s with the Michelin Primacy tires. Fronts are around 3/32 and rears are a little more than 4/32. I'm leasing so would rather not spend this money, but don't think I am going to be able to get through the colorado winter. I am looking at Continental Extremecontact DWS, as the tread pattern looks a little more aggressive to handle snow.

I have 25K on my P85DL. The first 21K were done on only the stock 19s. I do daily Ludicrous launches(pretty much at any stop or light were there isn't someone in front of me). I have about 7/32s left with perfectly even treadwear.

So 3/32nds seems quite low especially for a car that isn't putting out as much power on launches.

One data point here...Model S 85D, 19" wheels, original Michelin Primacy tires (i.e. same as what you have), delivery in May 2015 and just under 22K miles (similar age and miles to your car). Just checked the wear on my tires the other day (all four tires, inner/center/outer), and every measurement was in the 6/32"-7/32" range.

Bruce.

My 85D wears about the same. I got 22k out of my first MXM4s. I have 2k on my second set and went through a set of winter tires last winter (22k on those too). Wear is all even.

I drive a lot of non-highway miles at 55-65 mph though. Lots of twisty/hilly roads, stop and go, and driving like I stole it. I would imagine that highway miles would wear the tires less.