Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D stuck in production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status has now changed to "Production Complete: Your Model S is in transit from the factory". I think that's a good sign. :)

Awesome, will be here in Chicago soon - will keep an eye out for ya ;-) around town. PS, the tang seats with the black headliner looks awesome - that's what I got. And the alcantara on the dash is nice - they switched back to leather now so you probably got one of the last ones too.

-T

Awesome, will be here in Chicago soon - will keep an eye out for ya ;-) around town. PS, the tang seats with the black headliner looks awesome - that's what I got. And the alcantara on the dash is nice - they switched back to leather now so you probably got one of the last ones too.

-T

First, congrats on the car shipping. I am a month behind you in the process, and am excited to hear how long it takes to get here to Chicago.

Second, not to hijack the thread, but Travwill, I had not heard that they changed the dash from Alcantara accents to leather. I think I would actually prefer this. Where did you hear this? If my car just entered production queue, could I expect leather?

Finally! Try to sleep tonight some ;-) I feel like we've been watching/waiting for you to take delivery forever... Did you work with James in Chicago? (really nice guy)
I hope I have enough cough syrup to get some sleep. :)

I didn't work with James, I ordered in Oak Brook and am picking up in Villa Park. Everyone has been great so far.

Only bad thing now is I'm taking it straight to the shop to get Xpel, Opticoat, and tint done and won't have the car until Friday after I drop it off. I figured what's another couple days? :biggrin:

I picked the car up and got a good 10 miles on it before taking it to the detailer. My 3 year older daughter was really sad to be leaving the car at the detailer after just getting it and hugged it goodbye. :) I understand the feels.

And to close out the thread, here she is!
IMG_1895.jpg

Looks like I am experiencing the same problem of my 70D being stuck in production. According to my DS, it is being hold back by the Quality inspections at the end, but no additional information. Production started on July 6th. Looks like my expected delivery date is getting pushed back more and more. Hopefully things will get resolved soon.

Looks like I am experiencing the same problem of my 70D being stuck in production. According to my DS, it is being hold back by the Quality inspections at the end, but no additional information. Production started on July 6th. Looks like my expected delivery date is getting pushed back more and more. Hopefully things will get resolved soon.

Same thing happened with my 85D. Started production around June 18th. It was in production until July 19th. Still waiting for a delivery date, even though I live 10 minutes from the factory, and it's been ready for almost a week. We must have hit the lottery or something -__-

Same thing happened with my 85D. Started production around June 18th. It was in production until July 19th. Still waiting for a delivery date, even though I live 10 minutes from the factory, and it's been ready for almost a week. We must have hit the lottery or something -__-

A member named DR TSLA confirmed their P85D on July 12. Done build July 21 and delivery July 24. Located in CA as well. Are you a Dr.? It may help :)

My DS mentioned that there was a large move of offices from the factory elsewhere during the time we went into production. Some balls got dropped (he didn't get too specific), but it caused a blockage in one part of one of the lines. No QA issues, just the line stopped and the person needed to get it going again was busy moving.

I mentioned it in the delivery thread but I'll post here as well. Have an 85D that went into production on July 13th and is still going (so day 12 now). Our DS said that Tesla had just changed their QA inspections procedure to be more thorough and that could be contributing to a longer build time.

I seem to have gotten stuck in a black hole too. Car was finished and being prepped for delivery beginning of the week, now the My Tesla page says late August for delivery (said late July on Friday). Haven't been able to get hold of my DS since this latest change but she was saying last week she still didn't know an exact date it would be ready saying there was a bit of a backlog in the final QA process. I live 15 mins from the factory so there's no final transportation logistics holding things up. Guess we'll see, but better not end up as late August!