Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Stuck On 2023.44.1, M3 On 44.30.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just reaching to see if anyone else is having this issue. My M3LR and MYLR are 2021 models with Atom processors, purchased within a month of each other in late 2021. My M3LR has been on some variation of 2023.44.30 for over a month now. (2023.44.30.8 ATM) My MYLR is perpetually stuck on 2023.44.1. Both cars have been getting updates within a day or two of each other for years so it's weird that one is not being updated for over 2 months while the other has gotten multiple updates over those 2 months. The MY is telling me that it is up to date as of today so it's able to contact the mothership. This is just weird and completely out of the norm for over 2 years of ownership. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

It’s not that unusual. When we had both an S and a 3, they were often on different versions. Now we have an S and Y, both 2023, both on 2023.44.30.8 at the moment, but different versions at times.

Try rebooting the Y and then check the Controls > Software page again, sometimes that helps.

Follow up...my 3 got the latest 2024 recall update (2024.2.2.1) and again my Y is still on 2023.44.1. If my Y hasn't had an update by the end of the week, I might put in a service call. Tried rebooting a few days ago and nothing new Starting to think my Y is having an issue getting OTA updates.

Follow up...my 3 got the latest 2024 recall update (2024.2.2.1) and again my Y is still on 2023.44.1. If my Y hasn't had an update by the end of the week, I might put in a service call. Tried rebooting a few days ago and nothing new Starting to think my Y is having an issue getting OTA updates.
Is the Y using the Advanced software update option on the Controls > Software screen? Does one car have FSD but not the other?

You can try scheduling a service appointment via the app, using the software update category, and ask them if there's an update available. If so, they can push it to your car, and if they do they'll cancel the appointment.

Is the Y using the Advanced software update option on the Controls > Software screen? Does one car have FSD but not the other?

You can try scheduling a service appointment via the app, using the software update category, and ask them if there's an update available. If so, they can push it to your car, and if they do they'll cancel the appointment.
The Advanced setting has no bearing here (or anywhere esle for that matter). The OPs car is in need of the AP monitor recall and should have already downloaded compliant software. Since his other car is up to date, it's likely not a WiFi availability issue at home. If an MCU reboot did not resolve this, he should contact Tesla to see if they can initiate it on their end.

He could do a software reinstall from the service mode. This might fix the issue by resetting whatever is holding up the software download. It might also be worth checking the stored errors while in service mode to see if there's some network related error being reported.

My 2016 Model X has been on software version 2023.26.12 since 3rd Oct 2023. I have received regular updates every 3-4 weeks for the past 5 yrs so this seems a long break when there have been numerous updates since Oct 2023. I am located in Western Australia. The vehicle is upgraded to MCU2 & HW3, has FSD, although in Western Australia it is often more dangerous than useful, so rarely used by me. Tesla support advise I am on the latest version for my vehicle but there is no explanation as to the reason updates have stopped. Any insights?