Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$500 PG&E Clean Fuel Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After calling to check on approval, spoke to a very nice person who was on the learning curve. Apparently they were inundated around the 13th 14th of this month (Suspect this forum may be the culprit).
But they are trying to get the process going. Was reminded that acceptance notice does state 4 weeks possible, so hold tight. The link in that message that is supposed to check status does not work and is a known problem.

So, patience, grasshopper.

After calling to check on approval, spoke to a very nice person who was on the learning curve. Apparently they were inundated around the 13th 14th of this month (Suspect this forum may be the culprit).
But they are trying to get the process going. Was reminded that acceptance notice does state 4 weeks possible, so hold tight. The link in that message that is supposed to check status does not work and is a known problem.

So, patience, grasshopper.

Thank you -- I was starting to wonder if my application had somehow fallen through the cracks.

Thanks. My link doesn't work for some reason -- tried in on both the computer and the phone.
My link didn't work either. Thanks to some folks on Nextdoor (I posted about this rebate there), the correct format is

Code:
http://energyinsight.secure.force.com/cleanfuelrebateapplication/cleanfuelrebateappstatus?Application_Number_EI__c=YOUR-APPLICATION-ID
. Replace YOUR-APPLICATION-ID with the id in your application received/approved email.

For me, my partial timeline was
"Clean Fuel Rebate Application Received" email arrived on 1/10.
"Clean Fuel Rebate Application Approved" email arrived on 1/13.
Check arrived on 1/19.

That said, someone on Nextdoor a few days ago called and was told 60 days.

I've deposited my check already.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
This is a very smart move for PGE and it might become an annual thing. Here's why... on your bill you'll notice something called "electric public purpose programs". Mine was $23.54 last month and my parents was $24.56. Cleary, it's a % of one's bill. I believe this money goes right into public energy programs. You see it at Costco when LED bulbs have a $5 instant rebate provided by PG&E. if you think about it, using this money to reduce someone's electrical consumption doesn't really work to PGE's advantage but it's the right thing to do. Giving EV owners the $500 DOES work to PG&Es advantage AND is also the right thing to do. My Dad's check arrived yesterday and my check should be forthcoming. I factored for my parents that $500 is worth about 13K miles of travel. I overheard Dad today at a breakfast telling a friend about the $500 rebate, the state rebate and the federal tax credit and how it's made the cost of ownership much easier. Since we EV owners are PG&Es best customers (we use a lot of electricity and we buy it when there is excess on the grid) they want us all to add a 2nd EV to our fleet. It's better to pay PGE an extra $100/month in cleaner energy than XOM $300 in dirty energy and I won't even go into our dollars going to hostile nations discussion. Here's hoping this becomes an annual thing.