Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model Y Long Range (MYLR) Tire Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently upgraded to a 2024 MYLR after my M3 was in an accident (rear-ended while sitting at a red light--total loss :().

Overall I love my new vehicle--but wow, I feel like it's got a stiff suspension. From what I've read online, I'm not the only one. The Automotive Fanatic says he swapped out the tires on his MYP and it really helped. Obviously suspension upgrades are another option, but this specific thread is about tire options--because I can find plenty of other threads about suspension, but I haven't been able to find any discussion about aftermarket tire sizes/options for the MYLR w/ 19" rims (though I found plenty about the MYP with 20" or 21" rims).

So, my question is: anyone here with a MYLR w/ 19" rims that has tried upgrading to a larger tire? What did you upgrade to, and how did it affect your ride?

I am not a street racer, I would much pretty a smoother, softer ride. In my line of work I put anywhere between 25k and 30k miles on my vehicles every year--that's a lot of time on the road and I'd prefer it to be a little smoother than what I've got now :)

I like the TS Sportline, or whatever they call themselves, 18" custom rims running 255/55. Lots more sidewall there and 1" taller overall still fits.

They do it for an A/T tyre but there should be some EV suitable tyres for you in that size. I was looking at some Coopers.

Tesla are a bit funny about declining warranty on suspension if you step off the reservation size wise, so I didn't do it.