Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y - some suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all - I’m new to this forum, hence trying to find some answers for the below suggestions if already discussed. Would appreciate your feedback very much.
  1. Driver profile should include inside cabin central rear view mirror adjustment as well
  2. Driver profile doesn’t auto change when driver changes
  3. Sentry view eats up battery
  4. No retractable panaromic sunroof
  5. Auto wiper mode isn’t really auto sensitive when after rain splashes from nearby vehicles are ignored
  6. Auto lights should have dimmer alone lit up in Parking mode
  7. Only 15 minutes of Live Camera view is really very less in situations where you need, I had one recently.

1. Not possible, mirror isn’t motorised.
2. They do, but if both drivers are in the car and using phone key it may not correctly detect which one is driving.
3. They’re working on it.
4. Bad for aero and therefore range, they also justified getting rid of it on Model S by citing data saying it was rarely used.
5. So many threads about wipers, they’re hit or miss, you get used to it.
6. Not sure what you mean here, headlights? interior dome lights???
7. This is adjustable in settings.

4. This is an interesting one and very subjective. My last few cars have had retractable panoramic sunroofs and for me it is extra weight and extra cash for something that is entirely unnecessary. I like having the light that's provided by the glass roof but opening it simply increases noise, creates a draught, increases drag, negates the a/c and on a hot day, overheats your head. As I say, its subjective but I personally am a fan of the MY version.

Reactions: Wattsisname
1. Not possible, mirror isn’t motorised.
2. They do, but if both drivers are in the car and using phone key it may not correctly detect which one is driving.
3. They’re working on it.
4. Bad for aero and therefore range, they also justified getting rid of it on Model S by citing data saying it was rarely used.
5. So many threads about wipers, they’re hit or miss, you get used to it.
6. Not sure what you mean here, headlights? interior dome lights???
7. This is adjustable in settings.
Appreciate your response.

2. The driver profile behaves odd when I’m alone also
6. I meant the headlights
7. I will try the live camera setting, but Tesla support tells me it’s only 15 mins and it’s in their user manual as well.

That’s the limit Tesla impose, nothing you can do. It’s 15 minutes more than most other cars offer though and it’s not intended to be used as a portable CCTV system.
Agree Kenneth, but I had to use it more for a situation which demanded it. For paying a premium subscription which includes this feature, they can perhaps look at increasing this 15mins is my humble view.

4. This is an interesting one and very subjective. My last few cars have had retractable panoramic sunroofs and for me it is extra weight and extra cash for something that is entirely unnecessary. I like having the light that's provided by the glass roof but opening it simply increases noise, creates a draught, increases drag, negates the a/c and on a hot day, overheats your head. As I say, its subjective but I personally am a fan of the MY version.
Ya, makes sense..

For paying a premium subscription which includes this feature, they can perhaps look at increasing this 15mins is my humble view.
I think it's 60 mins in the US. It's possibly to do with privacy laws in the Europe rather than just cost of the data plan which is why we are limited to 15 mins. Either way there isn't a mechanism to get more time unfortunately.

Reactions: gana4u and boombap