Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.4.1 am I screwed out of FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have only recently subscribed to FSD and requested beta. I currently have 2022.40.4.2 and I have 2022.44.2 in my queue but have not installed. Am I best leaving that uninstalled to get beta quicker then? If so would it just provide that on another software update over that when ready? Fairly new to this so still unsure of the process.

I have only recently subscribed to FSD and requested beta. I currently have 2022.40.4.2 and I have 2022.44.2 in my queue but have not installed. Am I best leaving that uninstalled to get beta quicker then? If so would it just provide that on another software update over that when ready? Fairly new to this so still unsure of the process.
Wait for 2022.40.10 it will come. That’s your quickest chance go FSDb

SO, folks that are getting 40.4.10, what did you have before the upgrade? I am on 36.20 and wonder if I am also likely to get this update...
We have an older model 3 on FSDb 36.20 like you and it hasn’t received the new 40.4.10 yet. Our newer model 3 that was on non-FSDb 40.4.2 received FSDb (first time in the program) and last night got the new FSDb 40.4.10. So yeah just wait I guess.

Just got my Model Y Performance two weeks ago and installing 2022.44.30 as we speak. Does this update qualify for the FSD beta or will I still need to wait? I'd prefer not to start paying the monthly subscription if I can't even access it!
After it installs, go to the Autopilot menu and look for the Request FSD beta button. If it's like all the previous regular releases, if you press the button you will see a paragraph or two explaining that you have to go through a Safety Score period etc.(Although supposedly this is no longer actually required).

It would be most interesting if 2022.44.30 now has finally changed this, so that you can just request FSD beta without
being told that you have to go through the procedure. This is kind of what I'm waiting for, as a signal that the Autopilot team has really adopted the wide availability concept and has made at least this minimal nod that things are different now compared to the last two years of Early Access only.

Please report back on what you see and what happens if you go further and requesting the FSD beta.

Has anyone here actually got updated to FSD from 2022.40.4.1 by now?
There was a batch of 2022.40.4.1 given FSD beta 10.69.3.3 in the 2022.40.4.10 wave. But that version has been stalled for days now. The active rollout is 10.69.25 in 2022.44.25.5. This version does not have any new testers yet. At least not in Teslafi's data. It is only going to existing FSD beta cars.

Not going to lie.. as much as I want FSD to be great.. it still has a lonnnggg way to go. Jumping out in front of trucks due to blind spots of the cams is Not good! But the potential is definitely there! Maybe another year and it will be there. Definitely will have to update side pillar cams or add more cameras in the side mirrors or something like that.

I got my MYLR on November 22nd with prepaid FSD and I'm trying to understand how this works. I'm currently on 2022.40.200 but 2022.44.30 was downloaded and is waiting to be installed. Is there any chance that an FSD 25.5 could replace the .30 build that was downloaded but not installed? I want FSD, but if I have to wait for FSD V11 I'd like to have the non-FSD holiday update in the meantime. Thanks.

I got my MYLR on November 22nd with prepaid FSD and I'm trying to understand how this works. I'm currently on 2022.40.200 but 2022.44.30 was downloaded and is waiting to be installed. Is there any chance that an FSD 25.5 could replace the .30 build that was downloaded but not installed? I want FSD, but if I have to wait for FSD V11 I'd like to have the non-FSD holiday update in the meantime. Thanks.
You're in a weird spot here.

The current FSDb being pushed is higher in version than the software you currently have.

That would mean you're primed to get it.

So far though, no new FSDb cars have been enrolled.

My recommendation is you wait a couple of days to see how 2022.45.25.5 continues to progress.

Up to you if you want to just install the .30 but it would exclude you from the current beta du jour.

Reactions: Coign