Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24 with New Sentry Mode event trigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have to have my drivers side door open and below 20% SOC to know if there are updates. :)
There was a tiny faint arrow there that you missed. oh wait it was big and red :)
1c4NHPI.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Smytty and lUtriaNt
folks are appropriately excited about useful new features... in classic Tesla fashion, they added in a controversial "feature" that may get overlooked. Turning on the interior camera and sending the images to Tesla sure is an aggressive move. All that talk about the interior camera being used for car-sharing was bunk.. it will be used to have a picture of the driver's actions just before an accident (esp when on Autopilot). That is exactly what the release notes say

folks are appropriately excited about useful new features... in classic Tesla fashion, they added in a controversial "feature" that may get overlooked. Turning on the interior camera and sending the images to Tesla sure is an aggressive move. All that talk about the interior camera being used for car-sharing was bunk.. it will be used to have a picture of the driver's actions just before an accident (esp when on Autopilot). That is exactly what the release notes say

When you have the choice to turn it on, and use it for those purposes, it’s not controversial unless you make it needlessly controversial....

It is for car-sharing, as per Tesla.

I know this may sound crazy, but that camera can actually be used for two functions. !!!!

When you have the choice to turn it on, and use it for those purposes, it’s not controversial unless you make it needlessly controversial....

I know this may sound crazy, but that camera can actually be used for two functions. !!!!

Especially since car-sharing isn't going to happen for years, if ever.

Reactions: calidreamz808
Wondering when you’d show up.
You state your opinions like they’re fact, to support your need for complaining.

I guess the forum needs those endless negative viewpoints.
That’s what forums are for right....

Maybe I'll be wrong and there'll be millions of robotaxis on the road this year like Elon claims!

Those negative viewpoints serve to help people a touch of reality around, since people new to the Tesla world might actually believe Elon and Tesla's ridiculous claims and make very expensive purchases that don't turn out to do what was promised on the timelines that were so confidently proclaimed.

I love my car (except for the crappy seats), but if Tesla wants endless praise and a rub'n'tug they can go pay a shill. There have been a LOT of broken promises and I don't see any reason to forget or excuse them.

Maybe I'll be wrong and there'll be millions of robotaxis on the road this year like Elon claims!

Those negative viewpoints serve to help people a touch of reality around, since people new to the Tesla world might actually believe Elon and Tesla's ridiculous claims and make very expensive purchases that don't turn out to do what was promised on the timelines that were so confidently proclaimed.

I love my car (except for the crappy seats), but if Tesla wants endless praise and a rub'n'tug they can go pay a shill. There have been a LOT of broken promises and I don't see any reason to forget or excuse them.

Throwing out exaggerations, on top of drama, to support your habit is exactly what I was expecting from you.
At least your consistent. :)

It’s almost certainly not that nobody thought of it ... it’s a matter of priorities. I’m sure there’s a bug list and feature list each a mile long and someone’s the scrum master.
Exactly. Working with issue-lists myself and know exactly what you mean. It has thousands of issues, some that I see every day, but it's a matter of picking the most important ones first.

What surprises me is the rather slow development of visible stuff at Tesla though. Wonder if they all work on trying to do FSD.

At our company we have a system with very high complexity and lots of users, like Tesla cars, but we push a lot more features every week than Tesla does every month ... With just 2-3 developers dedicated do that system. And we consider ourselves careful, considering it's harder to remove features than adding them ...

Reactions: dmurphy

For the genuinely-paranoid, tin foil hat crowd... a piece of electrical tape would be a permanent solution.

Throwing out exaggerations, on top of drama, to support your habit is exactly what I was expecting from you.
At least your consistent. :)

"You're".

Everyone needs a hobby. I've got a ton, but one of 'em is trying to see if I can gripe until Tesla makes better seats and starts making more realistic promises, and actually following through on the promises they do make ;)