Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24 with New Sentry Mode event trigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gripe away, but love the seats.

That's fine. You happen to be of the proportions for which they're comfortable. I'm not, and as a result it feels like most of my thighs are hanging in space instead of being supported. Better manufacturers put in adjustable thigh support.

Also the lack of cooled seats on cars in this price range, even if it were optional, is pathetic.

We're getting pretty off topic though.

That's fine. You happen to be of the proportions for which they're comfortable. I'm not, and as a result it feels like most of my thighs are hanging in space instead of being supported. Better manufacturers put in adjustable thigh support.

Also the lack of cooled seats on cars in this price range, even if it were optional, is pathetic.

My Cadillac had adjustable thigh support. Used it once. The later model years (2018+), it was decontented.

Cooled seats just make me feel like swampass. Also one of those "had it, don't miss it" features.

I don't disagree - they'd be nice-to-haves, but the heated steering wheel would trump both of those in my book. I just have to keep in mind that this is a sub-$35k car. At least here in NJ, you can walk out the door with a SR+ for $32,990 after taxes. Cheaper than a midlevel Altima... and surely a hell of a lot better car than that.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled broadcast ....

And maybe show DMV the video every time someone crashes while texting on autopilot. :D

It can never be used as a driver monitor. Needs a light source for that. So I’m told anyway b

"You're".

Everyone needs a hobby. I've got a ton, but one of 'em is trying to see if I can gripe until Tesla makes better seats and starts making more realistic promises, and actually following through on the promises they do make ;)

And it continues. :)
Repeating the same whining, over and over and over, won’t do anything except feed your habit. :)

My previous lexus had those- and I loved them and was sure I'd really miss em.

But since I can tell the car to cool the interior to whatever temp I want before even getting in via the app- I really don't.

Preconditioning only solves the issue of not sitting down on a hot seat. It does nothing to help with the back getting hot on long drives. If people don't want the feature, that's fine, they don't need to pay for it. I'm not saying FM radio shouldn't be included, since I think it's a garbage feature, I just don't use it ;)

I'm just wanting to have it as an option, instead of having a $60,000 car with the creature comforts of a Corolla.

“On a car in this price range”, is such a tired argument.

Every car is priced differently. Tesla is clearly different from gas cars. The price is based on those differences, new technology, etc.

Since the car has only improved since you bought it, I can’t even imagine why you bought this car in the first place, if you didn’t feel the features like the seats were worth the money.
If good seats were a deal breaker for me, to the point I would whine about them for years and hundreds of threads, I would have waited until I could test them before pulling the trigger.

You made your decision back then. You should be whining about bad decisions, not the seats.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Since the car has only improved since you bought it, I can’t even imagine why you bought this car in the first place

My car has improved somewhat. The Model 3 being sold now has taken some nontrivial steps back, and the Model Y has inherited those steps back.

if you didn’t feel the features like the seats were worth the money.

Unfortunately, it wasn't until I did multiple-hour drives that I realized how much I dislike them.

If good seats were a deal breaker for me, to the pint I would whine about them for years and hundreds of threads, I would have waited until I could test them before pulling the trigger.

Well, I've only had cars with good seats before. I didn't realize that premium cars can have crappy seats, the thought simply never occurred to me. Also, as mentioned above, a test drive wouldn't have revealed the issues with the seats.

You made your decision back then. You should be whining about bad decisions, not the seats.

Perhaps so. Tesla continuing to strip the cars down and make their amenities and creature comforts WORSE instead of better has saved me from buying a Model Y, since I was going to do that soon but no longer plan to do so unless they want to make it nicer than a Corolla.

My car has improved somewhat. The Model 3 being sold now has taken some nontrivial steps back, and the Model Y has inherited those steps back.

Unfortunately, it wasn't until I did multiple-hour drives that I realized how much I dislike them.

Well, I've only had cars with good seats before. I didn't realize that premium cars can have crappy seats, the thought simply never occurred to me. Also, as mentioned above, a test drive wouldn't have revealed the issues with the seats.

Perhaps so. Tesla continuing to strip the cars down and make their amenities and creature comforts WORSE instead of better has saved me from buying a Model Y, since I was going to do that soon but no longer plan to do so unless they want to make it nicer than a Corolla.

So you’re going to trade your 3 in and move on !!!!!

BTW- Don’t buy a BMW, the seats on some premium models are not great. I had one. Tesla is way better.

I just saved you a lot of threads and complaints with that tip. :)

Preconditioning only solves the issue of not sitting down on a hot seat. It does nothing to help with the back getting hot on long drives

I've taken drives as long as needing to supercharge twice, and keeping the cabin at proper temp seems to avoid this issue entirely.

If people don't want the feature, that's fine, they don't need to pay for it. I'm just wanting to have it as an option, instead of having a $60,000 car with the creature comforts of a Corolla.

When a corolla can do 99% of the driving work on the long highway trip just discussed, or accelerate quick enough to get out of its own way (let alone do so quicker than anything else you can buy under 50k by a wide margin) then you'll have a decent argument....now? not so much.

• Disagree
Reactions: rsmphoto
and @M10
So you’re going to trade your 3 in and move on !!!!!

BTW- Don’t buy a BMW, the seats on some premium models are not great. I had one. Tesla is way better.

I just saved you a lot of threads and complaints with that tip. :)

Nope. Not until someone else catches up with Autopilot, that's the key feature that made me a customer. On the subject of bad decisions, though, paying for FSD was absolutely a god damned idiotic, jackass move though, and I'll never forgive myself for that.

I still really like the car and even with the glaring faults, it's still the best car on the market at any price, for my uses. I would literally not trade it for any car ever made if I had to actually keep and drive whatever I traded it for (obviously I'd trade it for a Bugatti if I could sell the Bugatti and buy another Model 3. I'm a jerk, not an idiot).

I may end up replacing the driver seat in my car or taking it to a customization shop to see if something can be done about the awful thigh support, though.

I've taken drives as long as needing to supercharge twice, and keeping the cabin at proper temp seems to avoid this issue entirely.

Congrats, you naturally run cooler than I do. Enjoy it. I am, lamentably, a walking space heater.

When a corolla can do 99% of the driving work on the long highway trip just discussed, or accelerate quick enough to get out of its own way (let alone do so quicker than anything else you can buy under 50k by a wide margin) then you'll have a decent argument....now? not so much.

Imagine a world where a manufacturer offered basic interior options and upgraded interior options on the same model of car. Wouldn't that be nice? It's weird that nobody do-… oh wait, most of them do. Sadly, not Tesla.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I may end up replacing the driver seat in my car or taking it to a customization shop to see if something can be done about the awful thigh support, though.
If you find a shop that can implement an old Recaro seat frame into the 3, please let me know. I have a pair of LS seats in my garage that's looking for a new home. Was last in my Mazda RX-7 circa 1990.

• Love
Reactions: run-the-joules
If you find a shop that can implement an old Recaro seat frame into the 3, please let me know. I have a pair of LS seats in my garage that's looking for a new home. Was last in my Mazda RX-7 circa 1990.

Will do! I'm basically gonna start with the idea of getting some sort of additional thigh support attached to the front of the seat, but if that's not practical, I'll give up the motorized seat and look at aftermarket. The trick would be having it done in a way that doesn't cause the car to go berserk by having the airbag disconnected and such, and can be easily reversed when the time comes to sell it.

I’ll go on record and say...I love the seats. We just did a seven hour(each way) trip and nothing bothered me. I mean I really love my seats. There are things in the car that could be better, like the way it smashes and killed thousands of bugs on the trip but I’m more of a non complainer. If I didn’t like it I’d just quietly change my car.

Reactions: Scott7 and PACEMD
Imagine a world where a manufacturer offered basic interior options and upgraded interior options on the same model of car. Wouldn't that be nice? It's weird that nobody do-… oh wait, most of them do. Sadly, not Tesla.

Yes, most of them do. But the other aspects of their cars are so inferior I still bought a Tesla.

So, in fact, did you.

Weird, huh?

Reactions: Scott7
I’m curious if the interior camera is any kind of grasp from Tesla to come up with a system that might allow hands off driving. Ford just announced the Mach-E will have a “hands off” mode in 2021/2022 with an interior camera helping monitor driver attention. Tesla might be going after the same thing as a “way around” regulations on geo-fenced highways...